We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

undo/redo problem

Hi,

I have a question regarding when implementing "undo" within the grid control.

Let say I have two grids 'A' and 'B', in the case when there are variables in grid 'B' that are related to grid 'A', when I delete something in grid 'A' the related variables in grid 'B' will also
be deleted.

The problem now is, when I undo in grid 'A' how do I also undo grid 'B' at the same time?

I've had a look at the debug mode of the undo function, but I don't understand what the undo functionhas done.

since I'm not quite sure what the undo function has done, I'm dont know how to undo grid 'B'.

Best Regards

3 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team May 25, 2010 09:08 AM UTC

Hi Hanson,

Essential Grid has flexible undo-redo support that is illustrated in 'Undo-Redo Demo' sample. Run the sample and make changes to the grid. As you make the changes, the two list boxes that are displayed on your left will show the "Redo" and "Undo" buffers. Essential Grid maintains these buffers for you if you choose to enable this support.

This architecture is extensible. You can derive from either of the two abstract classes, Command or GridModelCommand, to customize the types of commands that you need.

See the following browser sample for more details.

..\\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\MS Excel-Style Features\Undo-Redo Demo

Regards,
Jisha

HL Hanson Liao May 25, 2010 10:32 AM UTC

Hi Jisha,

My Essential Studio version is 7.1.0.20, and I can't find the sample 'Undo-Redo Demo'.

Is this version do not have this example?

Best Regards

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team May 26, 2010 09:14 AM UTC

Hi Hanson,

Thank you for your update.
In 7.1.0.20 version the sample is available int he following location.

Windows/Grid.Windows/Samples/2.0/Featured Samples/Undo-Redo Demo

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon