We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Tooltips for GridDataBoundGrid

Hi, One more query - I launch my GridDataBoundGrid control over a form which is launched at run time. [The parent of the form is another User defined control]. The first time i hover the mouse over the cells, the tool tip is shown. Then i dispose the form and then launch it again [All in one session]. Now the tooltip does not appear. Cant figure why it is behaving so... Though i have handled the tooltip display in the PrepareViewStyleInfo Event of the GridDataBoundGrid. If i have managed to confuse you, sorry.. Pls help.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 18, 2003 02:11 PM UTC

You have an application running. From this application, you create a new form with a grid. The celltips work OK. You close this form with the grid, and then create a second instance of the same form class with a grid, but this time the celltips do not work. Is this what you are seeing?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 19, 2003 12:55 AM UTC

Yes, very much. But the cell tips disappear in the second launch only if the mouse has been hovered over the cells before closing the form during the first time. >You have an application running. > >From this application, you create a new form with a grid. The celltips work OK. You close this form with the grid, and then create a second instance of the same form class with a grid, but this time the celltips do not work. > >Is this what you are seeing?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 19, 2003 06:23 AM UTC

The only thing I can think of is that the form with the grid has to have focus in order to process teh mouse moves to show the tip. So, make sure your form has focus when you open it teh second time. Here is a sample doing what I described above, and it does not seem to have this 2nd time problem. forum9452_4607.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon