We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

IsSelected Scatter Chart

I am attempting to create a scatter chart and highlight one of the points. The link below is similar to what I want but I can't seem to be able to adjust it for what I need to do.

A requirement is that I should be able to select a point on the chart, not by clicking on it but by through some external event.

I have assigned my collection to the DataSource property of the series. I need to programatically select one of these when the event occurs and allow the DataTemplate for ChartSeries.Template to decide how to display.

I have setup my DataTemplate in the same way as it is set in the linked example and have set the SelectedItem property on the series.

My understanding is that the DataContext of the template is a ChartSymbolSegment and becuase I have set the SelectedItem on the series I should be able to use the IsSelected property in my DataTemplate.

The IsSelected value is always false. Is this correct? Do you have any examples of selecting points in a scatter chart using the IsSelected property?

Thank you

4 Replies

PI Poorani Idhaya Bala M.A Syncfusion Team May 13, 2010 04:40 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products.

Sorry for the delaying update. I am working on your requirement. I will update you the sample by tomorrow.

Thanks,
Poorani

SS Sujitha S Syncfusion Team May 19, 2010 06:43 AM UTC

Hi

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion product.

Your requirement can be achieved by adding a SeriesAnnotation template to the segment on MouseOver event.

Please find the attached sample.

Let me know, If you have any queries.

Regards
Sujitha S

FastChart_2d84c460.zip

WD W Dexter May 21, 2010 05:36 PM UTC

Thank you.

The solution using SeriesAnnotaion does the job.

PI Poorani Idhaya Bala M.A Syncfusion Team May 24, 2010 09:53 AM UTC

Hi ,

Thanks for your update. I am glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. Please do not hesitate to open a new support forum if you ever need further assistance from us.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Poorani

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon