We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl : Image in header causes invalid background.

All I'm trying to do is replace the text of a header column with an Icon. I set the CellType = "Image" and set the Image properties according (I even tried using the BackgroundImage properties) and the end result was that the Image displayed but the background was a solid Grey.

I have the grid set to render using the Office2007-Blue look and I'm running on Windows7 x64 bit.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
-jv

5 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team May 6, 2010 04:39 AM UTC

Hi Jeff,

You need to handle QueryCellStyleInfo, TableControl.MouseMove event to achieve the desired behavior. Please refer the following sample that implement the same when a checkbox is placed in the Column header.

http://help.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/GGC46621.zip

Regards,
Jisha

JV Jeff Voigt May 7, 2010 07:32 PM UTC

Well that example shows me how I can catch the info on the mouse and how to apply a brush.

The only problem is that it does not match the hovering brush that is used for the rest of the application....

take a look at this screenshot to see. The icon header is a bit too dark..

http://screensnapr.com/u/oizy7i.png

JV Jeff Voigt May 7, 2010 07:50 PM UTC

In all honesty it is a poor solution. I'm loosing all of the other drawing capabilities such as the up/down arrow for sorting.. mouse help down (has different interior).. all of that is lost.

A better solution is to make the cell type act as though it is a header cell type and just put some custom drawing to put the image in it..

Does that exist? How can I do that.. I would much rather do an additive to the other features a header cell gives you then trying to replicate all of the features with the base image cell type =(

Why doesn't the grid support an image in the header??

JV Jeff Voigt May 7, 2010 08:18 PM UTC

Here is my solution:

private void GTGridGrouping_TableControlDrawCellBackground(object sender, GridTableControlDrawCellBackgroundEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Inner.Style.CellType == "ColumnHeaderCell" && e.Inner.Style.BackgroundImage != null)
e.Inner.Cancel = true;
}

private void GTGridGrouping_TableControlDrawCellDisplayText(object sender, GridTableControlDrawCellDisplayTextEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Inner.Style.CellType == "ColumnHeaderCell" && e.Inner.Style.BackgroundImage != null)
{
Rectangle targetRectangle = e.Inner.TextRectangle;
targetRectangle.X = targetRectangle.X + ((targetRectangle.Width / 2) - (16 / 2));
targetRectangle.Y = targetRectangle.Y + ((targetRectangle.Height / 2) - (16 / 2));
targetRectangle.Width = 16;
targetRectangle.Height = 16;
GTCommonLookAndFeel.DrawImage(
e.Inner.Graphics,
e.Inner.Style.BackgroundImage,
targetRectangle,
false);
}
}

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team May 10, 2010 05:08 AM UTC

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your update. Glad to know that issue got resolved.

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon