We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Tree View limit Level

I make a test about the Tree View Control, When I add 43 Levels child in one node, there is one exception occuring. Our project hope the limit level value to be 64. Can I solve it?
Thanks Very much

Regards,
J.T

5 Replies

PK Prathap K.N Syncfusion Team April 5, 2010 02:13 PM UTC

Hello J.T,
The TreeViewAdv can have upto 249 level childs. We could not reproduce any issue in the 43rd level. Also we have checked for 64th level without any issues, everything works fine. If you are still facing this problem please give us some sample which reproduces that issue so that it will be useful for us to help you.
Please let us know if you need further clarifications.
Regards,
Prathap.

J. J.T April 7, 2010 07:08 AM UTC

Thanks for the respond, i have modify the sample, when I add about 50 levels children in one node, there is a exception occcurs, please see the attachment.

Best regards
J.T

Tree Control limit_a70ee64a.rar

PK Prathap K.N Syncfusion Team April 8, 2010 06:52 AM UTC

Hi J.T,

We have analyzed the scenario which you have mentioned. We tried with adding the child nodes upto 255 level and we dint get any exception. But after adding all when we try to open each child node we get exception in the 50th level. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
This behavior is same as in Microsoft TreeView, we have tested with microsoft tree view and it stops in the 50th level itself. In our TreeViewAdv also it stops at 50th level after we handled that exception. This is the limitation in ItemsControl which we have inherited in TreeViewAdv actually. We have fixed that exception and the fixed assemblies will be available in our volume 2 release which is scheduled by the end of this month. If in case of any urgency please do create a support incident in Direct Track so that we can send you custom build assemblies.

Thanks,
Prathap

J. J.T May 11, 2010 10:56 AM UTC

Thanks for the respond. I download the Version 8.2.0.18. when I expend the 46 level node, an exception occurs. Did you fix the exception in Version 8.2.0.18?

DC David C Syncfusion Team May 14, 2010 03:26 PM UTC

Hi J.T,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

This was not incorporated in Vol2 release due to instability of the control and we would be fixing this issue in our Vol3 release.We will post the status of the issue once it has been incorporated.

Regards,
David C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon