We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Can''t deserialize paletter created in symbol designer

Hi - I have recently downloaded the diagram trial, and it has several features that would be especially helpful; most notably,
the ability to create custom symbols easily (I hope).

To try this out, I ran the Symbol Designer and created my own symbol, then saved the palette. I then tried to open the palette up through code and received a de-serialization error. (I lifted the LoadPalette() code directly from the sample that does this, so not doing anything cute in my code).

When I inspect the .edp file I saved with the symbol editor, I see that it's type info shows a version of Version=8.102.0.30; however, my assemblies referenced are version 8.103.0.30 - I think this version mismatch is causing my problems (in fact, this is true; when I change the version tag in the .edp file in my text editor manually, the palette loads).

Is there any way to solve this going forward / is this a known issue, etc.?

Thanks -

Chris

1 Reply

DM Dinesh M Syncfusion Team March 12, 2010 02:41 PM UTC

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Yes, this is a known issue and the solution that you have found is the workaround for it. Please use the Symbol Designer sample located in the following location to create symbols after ensuring that it's dependent assemblies refers to the 8.103.0.30 version.

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\8.1.0.30\Utilities\Diagram\Symbol Designer\src

Regards,
Dinesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon