We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

EditControl

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

9340 Dec 14,2003 02:20 PM Dec 15,2003 06:44 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: EditControl
Doug Finke
Asked On December 14, 2003 02:20 PM

I have an MDI form with a menu which has an F5 shortcut. When an MDIChild with an EditControl has focus, pressing F5 inserts the time/date. How do I get only the MDI form to preview this? I am using version 1.6.1. Thanks

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 15, 2003 06:44 AM

Hi Doug, This process involves the following steps : 1. Capture EditControl''s ContextMenu and remove F5 from the EditControl''s ShortCuts, since you do not need that functionality anymore. 2. Override ProcessCmdKey() method in the MDI parent form to capture the F5 key. This ensures that F5 ShortCut is previewed only in the MDI parent form. I have attached a Sample_Application that shows how this can be done. Please take a look at it and let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;