We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Essential Studio 2010 Vol 1 Has Problem working with VS2008

I took a few hours to install Syncfusion Trial version and went through the controls and samples of Essential Studio 2010 Vol 1. The UI looks great and they offer comprehensive controls.

I'm impressed by splash panel/control and also Grid performance samples. The dock panel works just as what I want.

My machine only has VS2008 and .NET 3.5. So I experienced a few issues, it stopped to explore the beauty of Essential Studio 2010 Vol 1 :

1. Crash Visual Studio when click on Toolbar tab

I tried to create an evaluation WinForm application by using the controls, but it's failed. As soon as I clicked on Toolbar tab, the Visual Studio crashed and disappeared.

2. Sample project is still in VS2003 code style and Not able to run debug build in VS2008 directly

I took a look at the sample source code in VS2008. For example, ~\Syncfusion\8.1.0.30\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Grouping Grid Layout\Employee View Demo\CS.

The demo project can be opened in VS2008 directly without any problem. But the code style is still in VS2003.
Also, it's not able to run the debug build from Visual Studio directly.

3. When I ran some samples, they are either crashed or hanging.

Please let me know which version support in VS2008 nicely. I can download it and give it try asap.

Thanks a lot!

1 Reply

VP Varun P Syncfusion Team March 1, 2010 01:32 PM UTC

Hi gereGe,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Regarding the Visual Studio crash, we could not reproduce it internally. Could you please provide more information about your machine configuration, that will be helpful to us to reproduce it here?

OS and the language(ie., English or French or German etc.)
Bit information 32/64 bit.
Error information when Visual Studio crashes.
The samples that were crashed.

Could you also please send the following files to us.

[SyncfusionInstalledPath]\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\InstallInfo.xml
[SyncfusionInstalledPath]\Infrastructure\Dashboard\3.5\Dashboard.xml

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Varun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon