We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridListControl

I use a comboBoxBase with GridListControl and a DataView. I noticed when the text input or the cell value are mixed low and upper case characters then in English it selects the right value. Casing doesn''t matter. But in another language, Greek in my case, it doesn''t select the value with low case characters and the text input is upper case. DataView Sorting is fine. What happens ?

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 12, 2003 07:17 AM UTC

Does it autocomplete properly when you type the proper case in Greek? Are you using a Greek version of Windows? Using an English version of Windows, and having Greek words in a ListBox, the comparisons fail for me because the key input is in a different unicode code page than the characters in the listbox. So, when I type an upper case N to try to find the Greek word for November (listed in the listbox), the FindItem in the Shared\Src\UI\Comboboxbase.cs file fails because the keystroke is 78 and the first letter of the month is 925. If you look at things down in FindItem, is this why things fail in your situation?

ST Stefan T December 12, 2003 08:29 AM UTC

proper case - YES. English Version of Windows XP. 1. Key Input - UpperCase - it doesn''t find lower case. 2. Key Input - cell value -both UpperCase. Some times it fails. I think it depends from some Greek Letters or the existance of space or dot. I can''t describe with presicion. It seems that the correct item is highlighted for a moment but it doesn''t compliment the selection. In other case it doesn''t react at all. 3. I''m writing in Greek - Al . I have Alexandr,ALEXANDROPOL,Alex. When I press Ale - autocomplete AlEXANDROPOL, and it doesn''t change if I press Alex. With a combobox from another vendor I haven''t problem. 4. Another problem after correct selection . If there is a serie of identical items ( the first letters) it doesn''t display them up in the list to choose but it shows the first item in the end of list . I can''t see the others unless I go down with the scroll bar Regards

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 12, 2003 02:35 PM UTC

We can see this problem using months of the year. In English upper case D matches lower case d. But in Greek, the upper case D is flagged as a control char (char.IsControl), and for that reason, this char is not passed onto the combobox, and thus there is no match. But some keys work. For example, in Greek, upper case S (for example) is not flagged as a Control character, and things work. So, we will have to look into why IsControl is flagging upper case deltas as control characters. I assume, there are probably other keys strokes that are treated this way, and would cause this problem. I have forward this problem to the tools engineer that handles this control so we can try to have a resolution.

ST Stefan T December 12, 2003 06:05 PM UTC

thanks Clay, As for the 3rd case I mentioned before: Αλέξ - ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΥΠΟΛΗ-Αλέξανδρ. It doesn''t recognise the character with tone έ. I hope you can see it in this message. One temporary solution is to change everything in uppercase. But I will need it . Also the 4th case is crusial , to display the identical items up in the list ( see windows combobox). Do your best. I would replace gridListControl but I need the QueryCellInfo event (I change the foreign keys) Regards Stef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 12, 2003 10:36 PM UTC

We see the same behavior using the Windows Forms ListBox, so just replacing the GridListControl will not avoid this problem. The problem *appears* to be with char.IsControl improperly marking these characters.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon