We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Bug in Diagram 7.4

Hi

I just came across an issue / bug with the diagram control. I only noticed it now but it seems that it happened to all our sites after we've upgraded to version 7.4.0.20. It is not a feature used on a daily basis and I suppose that is why none of our clients haven''t reported earlier.

I have a Tab control with a multiview and the Diagram is in one of the views. When I do a postback, I get a runtime error. The page or the code-behind hasn''t been modified since April 2009 so this is the only thing that changed.

You can see the normal behaviour at http://www.hrmanage.co.za/Denis/OrgChart.aspx.
Click on the "View as Diagram" tab or one of the diagram icons next to one of the employees.
(this is still on the previous version of Syncfusion)

Using the latest Syncfusion version, you can check at http://www.hrmanage.co.za/Titan/OrgChart.aspx.
Here you must click on one of the Diagram icons next to an employee to see the error. Clicking on the tab only does a callback and since an error occurs, nothing happens.
The error happens before the Page_Load event before any of my code gets executed so there is nothing that I can debug on my side.

I've attached the source file.

P.S. The code that clears the diagram control and then adds a single node to it on the LoadTree function was to try and work around the "Value cannot Null" error... Thought it had something to do with the diagram not being populated when the page is first loaded or something.

OrgChart_ad6fa5f6.rar

3 Replies

DM Dinesh M Syncfusion Team February 3, 2010 06:18 PM UTC

Hi William,

The links that you have provided doesn't work, however we have fixed a "Value cannot null" issue after the 7.4.0.20 version. This fix will be available in our upcoming major release "VOL1 2010" which is expected to be released in a week. You can also download the RC from the following location to test for this fix.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/92728/essential-studio-2010-volume-1-rc-release-v81026-available-for-download

Regards,
Dinesh

WV William van Lingen February 4, 2010 09:22 PM UTC

Hi

I see the fullstops after the links got included as part of the link and that's why it's not working.

Don't you perhaps have the fix available as an update on the current version? (Seeing that this is a bug in the component which used to work)
We've been a loyal subscriber for two years up to the end of last year, but unfortunately we couldn't afford to renew again for this year and we cannot afford to buy the whole update just for one bug fix.

DM Dinesh M Syncfusion Team February 8, 2010 09:54 AM UTC

Hi William,

Per policy defects are fixed in the trunk and included in the current release. We provide patches in previous releases only to current customers. This is also stated in the support license agreement and during renewal alerts. We regretfully cannot provide this patch to a customer whose subscription has expired. Please contact your Syncfusion Account Manager at salessupport@syncfusion.com for further assistance.

Also if possible please provide us a sample which reproduces this issue there by we can confirm whether this issue has been resolved in our latest version.

Regards,
Dinesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon