We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

docking to grid cells

I expected that your design of an "integrated" Chart would include the ability to position a floating Chart (or other window, like a picture) relative to a cell in the Grid, like Excel does. However, I cannot see this in your 2.0 examples of Grid nor Chart. And if you think inserting an entire Chart within the constraints of a single cell would suffice, it does not. Please advise. Thanks, Greg

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 11, 2003 07:01 PM UTC

You should make the area where you draw the chart a covered range or a bannered range. We will provide samples for that (in a few weeks) but right now we don't have any yet. Floating cells only support horizontal expansion, not vertical, that's why floating cell don't work. In a later release we will try to implement docking of a control (like you mentioned - I definitely think it is a good idea), but it is not a priority at the moment. Stefan

GR Greg December 12, 2003 12:29 PM UTC

Thanks for your response. I had thought about the merged cells concept, although it has limitations such as requiring my chart/picture to be "snapped to grid" (only full cell increments, and the size of the picture would change when resizing columns or rows). As for "floating", I meant a window that is covering an area of another window or screen, similar to topmost, not the SyncFusion (SF) term for allowing cells to run or spill over to adjacent cells. It should be relatively easy to implement a Grid feature that allows anchoring the top left position of a window over a pixel offset from a particular cell location. Of course, I would rather SF do the work, which is why I try to leverage with tools. If there are any questions when this work is being designed or written, feel free to contact me. Thanks, Greg

GR Greg December 12, 2003 12:31 PM UTC

I was uncertain whether my email would post to the forum. Since it does not, this post has my correct email.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon