We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Get record of a hierarchic table when the table is not in focus

I use the GridGroupingControl.
That grid has four hierarchy tables, each table opens its child table.
I raised the TableControlCellClick event, to get the selected record through the 'e' event args, as follows:

Record r = e.TableControl.Table.CurrentRecord;

This property supports only a situation when you click a cell of table in focus.
But if you click a cell in a table that is not in focus- the e.TableControl.Table.CurrentRecord is null!

(For example: If the seccond table is in focus, and the user clicks the third table- the 'e.TableControl.Table.CurrentRecord' is null!)

How can I get the current selected record even if the user clicked a cell that is not in a table that was in focus?

1 Reply

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team January 22, 2010 09:22 AM UTC

Hi Yocheved,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.
You could refer the following sample from our sample browser, that shows how you can retrieve the values of the current element and the current cell in a Grid Grouping control.

C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\My Documents\syncfusion\essentialstudio\7.4.0.20\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Grouping Architecture\Access Current Element-Cell Demo\cs

Please let me know if you have any further queries

Thanks,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon