We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Toolbox in Visual Studio 2008 keeps duplicating items

Every time I open my project in Visual Studio 2008 (with SP1) the Toolbox Tab duplicates the entries ChartWebControl, DiagramWebControl, OverviewWebControl and PaletteGroupBar (i.e. all except Pointer).

If I "Reset Toolbox" in VS it just duplicates some more (max so far = 8 duplicates).

If I use the dashboard to "Re-initialize Visual Studio .NET Toolbox" nothing happens unless first I delete the Syncfusion tab in the toolbox. But it's just a temporary solution as the entries will keep duplicating at every VS entering.

3 Replies

S. S.Anandharaman Syncfusion Team January 18, 2010 11:29 PM UTC

Hi Rick,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Inorder to clear the duplicate control adding into toolbox repeatedly when you open VS IDE every time, please follow the below clean up instructions:

1. Exit Visual Studio and go to the below location and clear if you see any files with the extension of *.tbd

C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Application Data\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0

2. Go to the folder "C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Installed Version}\Utilities\ToolBoxInstallers\" and call "Uninstall.bat" file by double click on it.
3. Open Registry editor and navigate to the location "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\ToolboxControlsInstaller" and make sure that there is no Syncfusion controls entry in this location.
Note: For 32-bit processor "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\ToolboxControlsInstaller"
4. Open Visual Studio editor and create a new project and see whether there is any tab with Syncfusion Name. If yes, please remove the tab and exit VS from File menu.
5. Again, Open Visual Studio editor and ensure that it doesnt generate the control with duplicate entry in Toolbox.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
AnandharamanS

MA Miguel Almeida January 21, 2010 02:55 PM UTC

Ok. Did it. This way I simply don't have a Syncfusion tab which is better then having it with duplicate items and causing the toolbox a very long time to appear.

S. S.Anandharaman Syncfusion Team January 27, 2010 04:36 AM UTC

HiHi Miguel,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

Toolbox lates to appears in your machine due to removal of tbd files, for fist time to opening visual studio it will take some time to configure toolbox and creating tbd files. Once its configured from next opening of visual studio toolbox will load faster.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
AnandharamanS

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon