We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Load dynamic data

Hi,

I'm trying to bind a grid with dynamic data which I don't know neither the number, neither the name before I get them.
For instance, I can have a grid with 2 companies and data (column headers will be company's names), but it depends on what we choose, we can have 3 or more companies.
I juste can't create a class with the companies as properties because I don't how many I'll need.
I tried to create dynamically visibleColumns for each company, and to bind itemSource with a List> in order to fill the grid with data.

But it doesn't work, can't we give to the grid a List> ? Or is there any other possibility ?

Thanks,

Happy new year !!

J-F

1 Reply

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team December 31, 2009 04:32 PM UTC

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. The only solution to your problem of dynamic objects would be to use the "dynamic" feature in C# 4.0, we have made some research over using C# 4.0 dynamic objects that can be used with the grid. As a result, we were able to bind to objects from IronPython, IronRuby etc., Below is a screenshot of our works with it,

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=python_grid.png

We are still investigating options to enable all the functions to work. You can create a direct trac incident for further follow up. Please let me know if you need any other details.

Thanks,
Fahad

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon