We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GDBG : Filterbar wont display values

I have added a filter bar to a grid, but the filter bar is not showing any values, am i missing something.

Attached image shows the issue.

PendingGridFilterBar.WireGrid( gridPending );

filterbar_34a50b89.zip

5 Replies

KV Kannan Venkataramani November 25, 2009 10:35 AM UTC

Update: this happens only when an empty dataset is set as datasource, then wire the filter, and then fill the dataset.

Is there any fix for this Guys?

To Reproduce:
1. Take your databound grid filter demo.
2. Just set tge datasource to an empty dataset
3. Wire the filterbar
4. Then fill the dataset.

KV Kannan Venkataramani November 25, 2009 10:36 AM UTC

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team November 25, 2009 11:06 AM UTC

Hi Kannan,

You need to re wire the grid with filterbar when datasource is set.

This is a limitation on the GridDataBoundGrid FilterBar. The FilterBar support in our GridGroupingControl does not have this limitation.

Regards,
Jisha

KV Kannan Venkataramani November 25, 2009 11:59 AM UTC

But the grid is bound to a data provider that takes messages from a EMS messaging, the datasource is just set when the form loads,

I cant bind it everytime the data changes, and does the gridgrouping control bind to a dataset or dataview similar to the GDBG?

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team November 26, 2009 07:17 AM UTC

Hi Kannan,

GridGroupingControl is a bound grid that supports nested tables, filtering, groupings, summaries, etc. It is our most complete featured bound grid. And as such, should be considered first for any application where you want a grid to display data in a external datasource. GridDataBoundGrid serves as a light-weight grid for simple bound applications that do not require nested table support, filtering, grouping, etc. GridGroupingControl supports all the features supported by GridDataBoundGrid.

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon