We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Handling Enter Key Event

I'm trying to get when the user presses the enter key when the grid has the focus. There is no editing going on, and I tried specifying EnterKeyBehavior to None, hoping that that would pass the enter through the key down event. But nothing doing. Is there some other property or event that needs to be handled in order to catch this?

3 Replies

CB Clay Burch Syncfusion Team September 3, 2002 05:31 PM UTC

Try catching the CurrentCellKeyDown event.

TR Trevor Redfern September 3, 2002 07:49 PM UTC

Well, actually, I am handling that event and not receiving anything. Yes that event seems to work fine when you allow the CurrentCellActivating event to fire. The thing is though I don't want the CurrentCellActivating to fire, so I set the cancel flag to true, but then I can't catch the enter key. Some of the other keys work fine, such as Delete, or any alpha numeric key. These come through loud and clear, but the enter key is lost forever. > Try catching the CurrentCellKeyDown event.

CB Clay Burch Syncfusion Team September 4, 2002 06:35 AM UTC

If there is no currentcell, then I think you will have to subclass your GridControl, and override a method like ProcessCmdKey to catch Enter in this case. public class MyGridControl : GridControl { protected override bool ProcessCmdKey(ref System.Windows.Forms.Message msg, System.Windows.Forms.Keys keyData) { if(keyData == Keys.Enter) Console.WriteLine("ProcessCmdKey - Enter"); return base.ProcessCmdKey(ref msg, keyData); } }

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon