We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

dynamic filtering for GGC

How do i enable the dynamic filtering for GGC with 4.2 version ?

also, if i make multiple-selected custom filtering , how can i implement dynamic filtering (which user can type in keywords in the filter cell box ) ?

or any advice to achive multiple-selection and dynamic filter (user type in "abc", only those options with abc , such as abcd, abcmmm in the filter list)

David

6 Replies

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team November 10, 2009 10:09 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

The dynamic filter functionality is available in Syncfusion Grid (GridGroupingControl) since v5.2.0.25. Some properties, methods have been changed and added to support this dynamic filtering since v5.2.0.25. Hence, with 4.2x version, dynamic filtering functionality is difficult to achieve. Please upgrade to v5.2.0.25 or later to achieve this dynamic filter functionality.

Regards,
Rajadurai

DC David Cui November 11, 2009 01:21 PM UTC

how to do it in 5.2 ? please advise or give an sample.

david

DC David Cui November 11, 2009 10:44 PM UTC

one more quick questions, does the dynamic filter has autoComplete feature inside ? if not, how to do it .

David

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team November 12, 2009 02:01 PM UTC

Hi David,

Thanks for your update.

Please refer to the attached sample link in which dynamic filter bar is implemented in gridgroupingcontrol through the following code.

GridDynamicFilter filter = new GridDynamicFilter();
filter.WireGrid(this.gridGroupingControl1);

Sample:
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/7.4.0.20/F91212.zip

The AutoComplete functionality is not supported in our dynamic filterbar currently. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Rajadurai

DC David Cui November 13, 2009 05:02 PM UTC

Rajadurai,

which version you are using ?
i even upgraded to 6.4, still see

Error 2 The type or namespace name 'GridDynamicFilter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\CuiPub\Syncfusion\F91212\F91212\Form1.cs 19 17 F91212

does it support in 5.x ? or which version ?

David

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team November 14, 2009 04:58 AM UTC

Hi David,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The dynamic filter was implemented in gridgroupingcontrol through an external project reference upto 6.4x version. In 7.1x version, the model and renderer classes for dynamic filter are added to Syncfusion.GridHelperClasses.Windows.dll. Hence, since 7.1x version, the GridDynamicFilter class can be accessed if this dll reference is added to the project.

Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,
Rajadurai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon