We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

WPF Demon

I'm attempting to run the online WPF demo (http://samples.syncfusion.com/wpf/demosvol4/democenter.xbap).

The main page works, however when I attempt to launch any of the demos, I get the following error for all of them.

The application requires that assembly Microsoft.Windows.Design.Extensibility Version 3.5.0.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache

I'm using Windows Vista Home.

I also deleted the temp files from:
C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Temp\Deployment

10 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 7, 2009 07:46 PM UTC

.NET Framework 3.5 is installed also

CS C. Sudha Syncfusion Team November 11, 2009 01:05 PM UTC

Hi Anthony,

We are not able to reproduce this issue. Can you please post us more details about your machine configuration?.

What is the VS IDE version that you are using and also please specify you are using VS2008 or VS2010?.

Thanks,
SudhaC.

DB Davide Brevi January 14, 2010 10:55 AM UTC

Hi,
I've replicated this issue on my environment.

The dll required is a dll available in Visual Studio 2008,
so you need to have Visual Studio installed on your PC to have the XBap sample working well.

For Syncfusion, I think that this is a bug, because to run an XBap application the prerequisite are only ".NET Framework 3.5 SP1", and not only Visual Studio. Isn't?

I hope this will be solved soon
best regards
Davide

CS C. Sudha Syncfusion Team January 15, 2010 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Davide,

Thanks for choosing syncfusion product.

This is not an issue. We have provided the complete designer support for our product. For complete designer support in wpf, Visual studio SP1 is required. So you need to install .NetFramework 3.5 SP1

For information about system requirements for our product, please refer the below link.

http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/User%20Interface/WPF/Tools/documents/12prerequisitesandcompatibility.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
SudhaC.

DB Davide Brevi January 15, 2010 03:07 PM UTC

This means that on clients of my XBap application,
I need to have installed Visual studio?

What I'm doing is:
1. install Syncfusion libary on my dev PC, with Visual Studio 2008 installed.
2. develop my WPF application on my dev PC.
3. deploy the WPF application in an XBap container.
4. publish the XBap application on an IIS.

5. download XBap application by connecting the webserver, and execute it on a PC with the only prerequisite to have ".NET Framework 3.5 SP1"
Isn't?

I have to ask to my customer to install on all their pc Visual Studio 2008 to see my application. A good solution to increase Microsoft sales, but I don't think that I will proceed this way.

Thanks
Best Regards
d

CS C. Sudha Syncfusion Team January 18, 2010 10:45 AM UTC

Hi Davide,

Thanks for choosing syncfusion product.

The assemblies are built in Framework 3.5 SP1. So client machine should have Framework 3.5 SP1. So the minimum requirements is deponding upon the framework in which assemblies are built, we need to install that corresponding configuration. For our Syncfusion XBAP samples, the minimum requirement is Framework 3.5 SP1.

Regards,
SudhaC.

DB Davide Brevi January 18, 2010 11:31 AM UTC

What I'm meaning is that on my pc I have installed the Framework 3.5 SP1, but I'm getting the error described above.

CS C. Sudha Syncfusion Team January 19, 2010 01:13 PM UTC

Hi Davide,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience cause. I could understand your point exactly now. I analyzed about this problem and I suspect that the problem might be cause of following assemblies reference in our Syncfusion.Shared.WPF.dll

1.Microsoft.Windows.Design.Extensibility and
2.Microsoft.Windows.Design.Interaction

These assemblies are not available in client machine GAC until Visual Studio gets installed in client machine. That might be the reason for this issue. I will test this with fresh machine and let you know is there any workaround to solve this issue or will it be fixed in our next release.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,
SudhaC.

DB Davide Brevi January 25, 2010 04:52 PM UTC

News? Planning?
thanks!

d

CS C. Sudha Syncfusion Team January 29, 2010 09:56 AM UTC

Hi Davide,

Yes. We have a plan to fix this issue in our 2010 Volume 2 release. I analyzed about this problem and I suspect that the problem might be cause of following assemblies reference in our Syncfusion.Shared.WPF.dll

1.Microsoft.Windows.Design.Extensibility and
2.Microsoft.Windows.Design.Interaction

it will be fixed in our 2010 volume 2 release.

Regards,
SudhaC.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon