We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Export Grid to Excel

Hi, Are you planning to implement Export to Excel functionality in the Grid. Regards, Pankaj

21 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 6, 2003 01:51 AM UTC

Yes, we will be providing export functionality. Stefan

JG John Grantham December 6, 2003 03:14 PM UTC

Any idea when?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 6, 2003 05:30 PM UTC

In a few weeks. Maybe next beta but more likely shortly after that. Stefan

SH Sue Harris February 24, 2004 01:06 AM UTC

Hi, I still haven''t seen this feature in the Betas. Is it still expected to be added, (or is it there and I just haven''t found it). Thanks, Sue

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2004 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Sue, This feature has not been implemented yet. Since the grid''s export functionality depends on the ExcelRW library , there are a few additions that need to be made to the ExcelRW library in order to implement this feature. Since the ExcelRW library is still in its beta preference has been given to make the library bug free and more stable before the final release. This will also ensure that the grid''s export functionality will be more stable. However grids export functionalty is on high priority once the final version of ExcelRW is released. This feature will approximately be available during the 1st or 2nd weeks of April. Sorry for the inconveniece. Thank you for your patience. Best regards, Stephen.

JB John Baker March 22, 2004 02:20 PM UTC

So this means the example provided in 2.0.3.0 is just a temporary workaround? Are you planning on providing a GridControl1.ExportToExcel(path) or simular? >Hi Sue, > >This feature has not been implemented yet. Since the grid''s export functionality depends on the ExcelRW library , there are a few additions that need to be made to the ExcelRW library in order to implement this feature. Since the ExcelRW library is still in its beta preference has been given to make the library bug free and more stable before the final release. This will also ensure that the grid''s export functionality will be more stable. However grids export functionalty is on high priority once the final version of ExcelRW is released. This feature will approximately be available during the 1st or 2nd weeks of April. Sorry for the inconveniece. Thank you for your patience. > >Best regards, > >Stephen.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 22, 2004 08:00 PM UTC

Hi John, There will be two options available to export the contents of Essential Grid to Excel. 1) There are a lot of situations where the formatting in the grid is not directly presentable to the user. There might be a situation where the grid does not have any formatting and just contains plain data. However, users might prefer recieving formatted spreadsheets. In this case the method shown in the sample is used to format the spreadsheet separately before presenting it to the users. 2)There are situations where you want both the contents and formatting of the grid exported to a spreadsheet. In that case you will be able to use the built in export method (Similar to what you have suggested) in Essential Grid that exports both the contents and formatting of Essential Grid to spreadsheets. Hope that helps. Best regards, Stephen.

SH Sue Harris August 17, 2004 12:55 AM UTC

Hi, Is there any update on when such a function will be available in either the Grid or ExcelRW? Thanks, Sue >There will be two options available to export the contents of Essential Grid to Excel. > >2)There are situations where you want both the contents and formatting of the grid exported to a spreadsheet. In that case you will be able to use the built in export method (Similar to what you have suggested) in Essential Grid that exports both the contents and formatting of Essential Grid to spreadsheets. > >Hope that helps. > >Best regards, > >Stephen.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 18, 2004 06:05 AM UTC

Hi Sue, There is a KB article that demonstrates the method of exporting Essential Grid to Excel http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10497 Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi, > >Is there any update on when such a function will be available in either the Grid or ExcelRW? > >Thanks, >Sue > >>There will be two options available to export the contents of Essential Grid to Excel. >> >>2)There are situations where you want both the contents and formatting of the grid exported to a spreadsheet. In that case you will be able to use the built in export method (Similar to what you have suggested) in Essential Grid that exports both the contents and formatting of Essential Grid to spreadsheets. >> >>Hope that helps. >> >>Best regards, >> >>Stephen.

JI JianLi August 22, 2004 11:38 PM UTC

I write my application based on the KB article. But it is too early to say that Export to Excel functionality is good enough. 1. It has limitation on the color and pattern 2. The speed is very slow. If I have a Syncfusion Grid with 100Row/100Col, it takes about 120 minutes to run. Can we just retrieve the styleinfostore class directly and write to excel file directly. The intermediate class such as IStyle, IFont slow down the speed.

JI JianLi August 23, 2004 05:21 AM UTC

When I export 100Rows/100Cols to Excel, it takes 120 seconds, and 60% of the time is spent in setting borders, is there any way to improve it? Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 23, 2004 11:06 AM UTC

Hi Peter, Thanks for your feedback on this issue. The export to excel feature will be undergoing a lot of changes in the coming weeks that should address some of the issues that you are facing now. 1) Limitation on Color : MS Excel color palette can hold only 56 colors at a time so if the grid uses more than 56 colors, then the nearest match is found using the WorkBook.SetColorOrGetNearest method during excel export. 2) Limitation on pattern : Essential Grid has support for many patterns that are not supported in MS Excel, so we have to find the closest match based on visual comparison. 3) I will look into the issue with the time taken to set the borders. Also, please let me know the version of Essential ExcelRW that you are using. Thanks, Stephen. >I write my application based on the KB article. But it is too early to say that Export to Excel functionality is good enough. >1. It has limitation on the color and pattern >2. The speed is very slow. If I have a Syncfusion Grid with 100Row/100Col, it takes about 120 minutes to run. Can we just retrieve the styleinfostore class directly and write to excel file directly. The intermediate class such as IStyle, IFont slow down the speed.

JI JianLi August 23, 2004 09:18 PM UTC

Hi Stephen Jebaraj, Thank you for reply. I am working in 2.1.0.9. Will there be a new released version include the changes in the coming weeks you mensioned? I think most users are expecting a new function in GridControl called ExportToExcel() so that we need not to write any code to implement the saving stuff. Regards

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 25, 2004 12:03 PM UTC

Hi Peter, Yes, we will add a method to export the grid without the user having to write any code at all. It will be available in 3-4 weeks. Thank you for your patience. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi Stephen Jebaraj, >Thank you for reply. I am working in 2.1.0.9. Will there be a new released version include the changes in the coming weeks you mensioned? >I think most users are expecting a new function in GridControl called ExportToExcel() so that we need not to write any code to implement the saving stuff. > >Regards

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2005 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Stephen Is this feature implemented now? Regards thomas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 31, 2005 04:57 AM UTC

Hi Thomas, I am afraid, this feature has not been implemented yet. This is the sample that we currently have http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10497 However, we are currently working on an Exporter/Importer component that would handle the Import/Export functionality of the GridControl to various formats. The initial version which will be available in 3-4 weeks time would have support for # Exporting GridControl to Excel # Importing an Excel spreadsheet into a grid control Eventually this component will also handle export to other formats like PDF. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks, Stephen. >Hi Stephen > >Is this feature implemented now? > >Regards >thomas

BM Brian Moss March 21, 2005 04:41 PM UTC

Hello - Any update on the addition of the export to Excel method? >Hi Thomas, > >I am afraid, this feature has not been implemented yet. This is the sample that we currently have > >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10497 > >However, we are currently working on an Exporter/Importer component that would handle the Import/Export functionality of the GridControl to various formats. The initial version which will be available in 3-4 weeks time would have support for > ># Exporting GridControl to Excel ># Importing an Excel spreadsheet into a grid control > >Eventually this component will also handle export to other formats like PDF. > >Sorry for the inconvenience. > >Thanks, > >Stephen. > >>Hi Stephen >> >>Is this feature implemented now? >> >>Regards >>thomas

BM Brian Moss March 28, 2005 01:10 PM UTC

All you did was copy and paste the same reply you gave to the previous poster. In that message dated January 2005, you said it would be 3-4 weeks. In the reply to me, you also say it will be 3-4 weeks. You are doing your product a dishonor by communicating delivery dates that appear just made up. Do you have an internal delivery schedule for this functionality or not? > >Hello - > >Any update on the addition of the export to Excel method? > >>Hi Thomas, >> >>I am afraid, this feature has not been implemented yet. This is the sample that we currently have >> >>http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10497 >> >>However, we are currently working on an Exporter/Importer component that would handle the Import/Export functionality of the GridControl to various formats. The initial version which will be available in 3-4 weeks time would have support for >> >># Exporting GridControl to Excel >># Importing an Excel spreadsheet into a grid control >> >>Eventually this component will also handle export to other formats like PDF. >> >>Sorry for the inconvenience. >> >>Thanks, >> >>Stephen. >> >>>Hi Stephen >>> >>>Is this feature implemented now? >>> >>>Regards >>>thomas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 4, 2005 07:25 AM UTC

Hi Brian, Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting this feature implemented. I assure you that the information that I had posted was not a random timeframe, It was an estimation based on the current work that was scheduled for the ExcelRW development team at that time. Unfortunately, there was a delay in implementing the features that were scheduled before the export feature, especially optimization which took much longer than expected. Implementing the Export functionality has already been scheduled in the ToDo list of the development team and will be implemented as soon as possible. However, I understand that these incorrect estimations cause inconvenience to customers who schedule their own release dates counting on these feature implementations. We will definitely take more care in giving estimations in the future. I will consult with the development team and try to get a more accurate estimate. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Best regards, Stephen. > >All you did was copy and paste the same reply you gave to the previous poster. In that message dated January 2005, you said it would be 3-4 weeks. In the reply to me, you also say it will be 3-4 weeks. You are doing your product a dishonor by communicating delivery dates that appear just made up. Do you have an internal delivery schedule for this functionality or not? > > >> >>Hello - >> >>Any update on the addition of the export to Excel method? >> >>>Hi Thomas, >>> >>>I am afraid, this feature has not been implemented yet. This is the sample that we currently have >>> >>>http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10497 >>> >>>However, we are currently working on an Exporter/Importer component that would handle the Import/Export functionality of the GridControl to various formats. The initial version which will be available in 3-4 weeks time would have support for >>> >>># Exporting GridControl to Excel >>># Importing an Excel spreadsheet into a grid control >>> >>>Eventually this component will also handle export to other formats like PDF. >>> >>>Sorry for the inconvenience. >>> >>>Thanks, >>> >>>Stephen. >>> >>>>Hi Stephen >>>> >>>>Is this feature implemented now? >>>> >>>>Regards >>>>thomas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 30, 2005 05:49 PM UTC

So, it''s been a couple more months. Do we have a time frame yet? Thanks, Kris >Hi Brian, > >Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting this feature implemented. I assure you that the information that I had posted was not a random timeframe, It was an estimation based on the current work that was scheduled for the ExcelRW development team at that time. Unfortunately, there was a delay in implementing the features that were scheduled before the export feature, especially optimization which took much longer than expected. Implementing the Export functionality has already been scheduled in the ToDo list of the development team and will be implemented as soon as possible. > >However, I understand that these incorrect estimations cause inconvenience to customers who schedule their own release dates counting on these feature implementations. We will definitely take more care in giving estimations in the future. I will consult with the development team and try to get a more accurate estimate. > >Sorry for the inconvenience caused. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >> >>All you did was copy and paste the same reply you gave to the previous poster. In that message dated January 2005, you said it would be 3-4 weeks. In the reply to me, you also say it will be 3-4 weeks. You are doing your product a dishonor by communicating delivery dates that appear just made up. Do you have an internal delivery schedule for this functionality or not? >> >> >>> >>>Hello - >>> >>>Any update on the addition of the export to Excel method? >>> >>>>Hi Thomas, >>>> >>>>I am afraid, this feature has not been implemented yet. This is the sample that we currently have >>>> >>>>http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10497 >>>> >>>>However, we are currently working on an Exporter/Importer component that would handle the Import/Export functionality of the GridControl to various formats. The initial version which will be available in 3-4 weeks time would have support for >>>> >>>># Exporting GridControl to Excel >>>># Importing an Excel spreadsheet into a grid control >>>> >>>>Eventually this component will also handle export to other formats like PDF. >>>> >>>>Sorry for the inconvenience. >>>> >>>>Thanks, >>>> >>>>Stephen. >>>> >>>>>Hi Stephen >>>>> >>>>>Is this feature implemented now? >>>>> >>>>>Regards >>>>>thomas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 13, 2005 07:44 PM UTC

Hi Kris, I apologize for not keeping you updated. However, I am in a much better position to give an accurate estimate now. The initial version of the component is already ready and is undergoing internal testing. The exporter component has the following functionalities 1) Import/Export GridControl. 2) Export GridGroupingGrid control. The component will be included in a patch shorlty after the next release [2-3 weeks time]. Thank you for your patience. Best regards, Stephen. >So, it''s been a couple more months. Do we have a time frame yet? > >Thanks, >Kris > >>Hi Brian, >> >>Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting this feature implemented. I assure you that the information that I had posted was not a random timeframe, It was an estimation based on the current work that was scheduled for the ExcelRW development team at that time. Unfortunately, there was a delay in implementing the features that were scheduled before the export feature, especially optimization which took much longer than expected. Implementing the Export functionality has already been scheduled in the ToDo list of the development team and will be implemented as soon as possible. >> >>However, I understand that these incorrect estimations cause inconvenience to customers who schedule their own release dates counting on these feature implementations. We will definitely take more care in giving estimations in the future. I will consult with the development team and try to get a more accurate estimate. >> >>Sorry for the inconvenience caused. >> >>Best regards, >> >>Stephen. >> >>> >>>All you did was copy and paste the same reply you gave to the previous poster. In that message dated January 2005, you said it would be 3-4 weeks. In the reply to me, you also say it will be 3-4 weeks. You are doing your product a dishonor by communicating delivery dates that appear just made up. Do you have an internal delivery schedule for this functionality or not? >>> >>> >>>> >>>>Hello - >>>> >>>>Any update on the addition of the export to Excel method? >>>> >>>>>Hi Thomas, >>>>> >>>>>I am afraid, this feature has not been implemented yet. This is the sample that we currently have >>>>> >>>>>http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10497 >>>>> >>>>>However, we are currently working on an Exporter/Importer component that would handle the Import/Export functionality of the GridControl to various formats. The initial version which will be available in 3-4 weeks time would have support for >>>>> >>>>># Exporting GridControl to Excel >>>>># Importing an Excel spreadsheet into a grid control >>>>> >>>>>Eventually this component will also handle export to other formats like PDF. >>>>> >>>>>Sorry for the inconvenience. >>>>> >>>>>Thanks, >>>>> >>>>>Stephen. >>>>> >>>>>>Hi Stephen >>>>>> >>>>>>Is this feature implemented now? >>>>>> >>>>>>Regards >>>>>>thomas

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon