We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Issue with embedding Chinese/Japanese font in PDF document

Hi I am working in a project where the need is to create PDF document with embedded font so that the document is truly portable in nature and anyone can open the document on any machine irrespective of the locale, culture and the font used in the pdf. I am using attached code for doing this (sample taken from SyncFusion site only).

The problem I am facing with this code is when I am trying to embed any Chinese/Japanese font, while creating the PdfTrueTypeFont object, stack overflow exception is coming. The actual error is as below:

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.StackOverflowException' occurred in Syncfusion.Pdf.Base.dll"

I tried all possible options but could not get rid of this error. So need to know whether I am doing anything wrong or this is a bug in the Syncfusion.

An early response to this will be highly appreciated.

Sample_a9389f4b.zip

4 Replies

DR Dipanjan Ray October 29, 2009 06:41 AM UTC

Forgot to add the font file I am using for the above sample. It is corrected now.

Dipanjan

HDZB_35_8d89c854.zip

TE Thiruvenkadam E Syncfusion Team October 30, 2009 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Dipanjan,

Thaks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We can able to reproduce the reported issue in our side.

Could you please open a new direct – trac incident with subject line as Forum 90998- Issue with embedding Chinese/Japanese font in PDF document. Please send the sample in the direct trac incident. We will look into the sample and provide the possible solution.

Regards,
Thiru

MT Michael Tse February 18, 2011 09:13 AM UTC

I hit exactly the same error when I tried to convert a HTML page with Chinese characters to PDF. Actually the HTML is taken from one of the samples your company gave to another users in a forum thread. Do you mind to share the solution to other Syncfusion users like me? Thanks.

The HTML contains this:
久乆乇么义乊乞也 乆亇亇

久乆乇么义乊乞也 乆亇亇

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team February 22, 2011 09:56 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the problem in our latest public release v9.1.0.20. Could you please try using this version?

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon