We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Combo box BackColour

Hi, Is there any way to stop a ComboBox becoming almost invisible when its Enabled property is set to false. i.e. I would like to be able to change the BackColor back to what it was before I disabled it - this works for text boxes but not for ComboBoxes. I really don't want to have to create my own ComboBox class just to do this. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies

MA Matthew October 8, 2002 10:19 AM UTC

I have the same problem, it seems ridiculus having to create your own derived combobox control just to handle the colors better, the callendar control has the same problem when it's disabled, you can't set the bg or fg colors. Did you find a solution? --Matt-- > Hi, > > Is there any way to stop a ComboBox becoming almost invisible when its Enabled property is set to false. i.e. I would like to be able to change the BackColor back to what it was before I disabled it - this works for text boxes but not for ComboBoxes. I really don't want to have to create my own ComboBox class just to do this. > > Thanks in advance.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 20, 2004 04:12 AM UTC

Write your own control inherit from the combobox then display a label when disable is set. >I have the same problem, it seems ridiculus having to create your own derived combobox control just to handle the colors better, the callendar control has the same problem when it''s disabled, you can''t set the bg or fg colors. Did you find a solution? > >--Matt-- >> Hi, >> >> Is there any way to stop a ComboBox becoming almost invisible when its Enabled property is set to false. i.e. I would like to be able to change the BackColor back to what it was before I disabled it - this works for text boxes but not for ComboBoxes. I really don''t want to have to create my own ComboBox class just to do this. >> >> Thanks in advance.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon