We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Licensing Error Message

Hi All,

I create Visual studio {Office -> Excel} project, and when I use Syncfusion tools,It`s always show Licensing Error message, And other kind of project dosen`t show this message.

Then I use {License Enabler} to fix it, It`s show below message in log file.

"Error: Unable to recognize project file format"

How can I fix this problem ?

thanks.

Regards

3 Replies

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team September 30, 2009 04:21 AM UTC

Hi,

Can you please send me your project file so that we shall verify that here adding licenses file? This would also help us to fix this issue for such file types.

To fix this problem, can you try the following?

1. In Visual Studio - Solution Explorer, right click on the project name and select Add --> Add an existing item.

2. Select licenses.licx file from the following location.
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\${studio}\Templates\licenses.licx.

3. Once done, in the properties of the licenses.licx file, check and ensure the following settings are present. With this setting, the licenses.licx will be included as an embedded resource in to the application output exe.
Build Action - Embedded Resource

4. Now clean the output folders (bin and obj). You can do the same on the other way - right click on the project file as mentioned above and select Clean for the project.

5. Once done, rebuild the application. You should not see this message again.

Note:
This is applicable if you are using WindowsForms, WPF or XBAP projects. If you are facing this issue with any other different project types, please let me know more details on this issue, so that I shall help you further.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Regards,
Nanda

HL Hanson Liao September 30, 2009 05:32 AM UTC

Hi Nanda,

Thanks for your help, my problem is solve.

And attachment is my project file.

ExcelAddIn1_1bae601b.zip

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team October 5, 2009 05:00 AM UTC

Hi Hanson,

Thanks for the details. We will work on this further and update you once the licensing issue is fixed.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon