We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

scriptmanager error /menu control on upgrade to v7

Hi -
I just upgraded our product from 5.2.0.25 to 7.30.0.20
We use the menu control, inside it's own user control, on our master page. When i load a page, i get the following error:

"The control with ID 'MxrMenu1' requires a ScriptManager on the page. The ScriptManager must appear before any controls that need it."

What's triggering this? Is this a new requirement? Could you provide a sample of how this should work - i can't find a scriptmanager in any of the samples provided.

Thanks,
Julie

3 Replies

LK Lakxman Kumar C Syncfusion Team September 30, 2009 09:47 AM UTC

Hi Julie

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I would like to convey the below info

1) ASP.NET AJAX required for Syncfusion Controls:
Syncfusion controls client API is enhanced with ASP.NET AJAX. So ASP.NET Script Manger or Syncfusion Script Manger is required on the page in which the controls are used. For .NET Framework v3.5.0, ASP.NET AJAX 3.5 is required. So adding a Script Manager at the top of the page will solve your problem.

2) Syncfusion ASP.NET Control Support for .NET Framework v2.0
Syncfusion ASP.NET control do not support for .NET v2.0 from the version 7.2.0.20.

Kindly refer the below link for more details.

http://www.syncfusion.com/products/aspnet/tools#productinfo

Kindly follow the below instructions to update the Webconfig file to use the AJAX ASP.Net and .Net 3.5. Please let me know if this helps.

1) Update application web.config file. Please add handlers,modules required for ASP.NET AJAX as like in the sample WebConfig which is available in the below link.

http://files.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/7.3.0.20/59640/Web.zip

2)Add ScriptManager control on top the page.

Regards,
Lakxman Kumar C

JL Julie Levy January 29, 2010 06:31 PM UTC

We have done what you suggested and everything compiles, but we are getting intermittent errors loading our pages. We get the IE error: "IE Cannot open the internet site {url}. Operation Aborted."

Upon researching this i've seen some mention of AJAX handling as a cause. We don't use AJAX and your menu is really the only html control on our pages (the rest is embedded winform).

Do you know of any problem with the web menus in version 7, .Net 3.5 that causes this error and what we can do to fix it?

Thanks,
Julie

LK Lakxman Kumar C Syncfusion Team February 1, 2010 10:02 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

Thank you for your update.

Could you please provide us a simple sample to reproduce this issue so that we could sort out the cause of this issue and provide you a solution?

In addition to our Community Forums, we have other customized support avenues like our Direct Trac Developer Support System https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well.

Thank you for your participation in Syncfusion’s Community Forums.

Regards,
Lakxman Kumar C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon