We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Divide area chart

Dear support,

If I specified the chart to be a divide area chart, and I have put this chart in the grid control, when I export this grid (with the chart) to excel, how do I export to charts as well to retain them as a "divide chart"?

5 Replies

VV Venkata Vijayaraj B Syncfusion Team September 21, 2009 10:41 AM UTC

Hi Xiao,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

When Grid control is exported to Excel with ChartCotrol, the Chartcontrol is not properly exported. The issue here is suspected to be a defect and we have sent this to our development team for more analysis. We will update you in two business days.

In Addition, We are having DivideArea support only for Pie, Funnel and Pyramid chart types other Chart Types does not have this support.

Please let me know if you have any other concern in this regard.

Regards,
Venkat.

XH Xiao Hua Huang September 23, 2009 01:35 AM UTC

Venkat,

Any update on export the exporting chart issue?

Also does Syncfusion has the plan to include Bar(or column), x-y
and Histogram chart type in the divide area of the chart control?
The divided chart is nice because it will allow our customer to view the analysis result side by side for their purpose.

Appreciate your help!

VV Venkata Vijayaraj B Syncfusion Team September 23, 2009 10:00 AM UTC

Hi Xiao,

As of Current implementation of Essential Grid, it is not possible to export a chart or any control from Grid to
Excel directly. But we can achieve the similar functionality when Chart data is exported as an image to Excel sheet

using Syncfusion XlsIO.

Please refer the below sample that illustrates how to export Grid with Chart to excel.

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Chart.Windows/v7.3.0.20/F90168/F90168ExportSample/main.htm

1. Run the Sample.
2. Click 'Export' button.
3. Refer ExportGridWithChart() method of Form1 class for implementation.

2. We already planned to include the multiple chart area support in our Volume 4 release which is expected to be
available on October, 14, 09.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Venkat.

XH Xiao Hua Huang September 25, 2009 10:14 AM UTC

Venkat,

Thank you for the sample. However, the grid and chart exported to excel lose the link between the data and chart. Is it possible to have the chart series mapped to the data range for divided chart?

VV Venkata Vijayaraj B Syncfusion Team September 28, 2009 11:01 AM UTC

Hi Xiao,

Sorry for the delay in responding,

1. Please let us know what is the link you lose between Chart and data.

2. If you want to place a particular series in particular region of Divided Area of Chart, please use ZOrder property

of ChartSeries, it will customize the order of ChartSeries.

Thank you for being patience.

Regards,
Venkat.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon