We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

tabControlExt -- without content?

Is it possible to use the tabControlExt with no inner content? That is, I just want to use the buttons as a strip on the bottom of my application with no white background where the content is.

To clarify:

I have a window with normal tabs. Inside the window is a workspace with another set of tabs. I would like this set of tabs to just be a strip of buttons with no content -- by default, it seems the tabs create a white background that fills the screen. If there's a white background, I can't see the content in the window (outer tabs). The reason why I want to use an inner set of tabs is because I want the tabs to have the same color scheme, and to be able to change at the same time when the color scheme is changed.

Does that make sense?
I appreciate any advice on how I may get this desired look (and if I should use tabs at all for the inner set)

Thanks a lot,
Tina

1 Reply

CS C. Sudha Syncfusion Team September 18, 2009 11:27 AM UTC

Hi Tina,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Yes. It's possible to use the TabControlExt with no content. Your requirements can be achieved by setting the Height, TabStripPlacement, ShowTabListContextMenu, CloseButtonType and VerticalAlignment property for TabControlEXt. The below code snippet will illustrates this.

XAML:

For more reference, please look into the attached sample.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
SudhaC.

TabControl Demo_99fa7f03.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon