We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

bracket matching

Does the edit control have support for bracket matching, and if so how do i enable it? Thanks, Charlie

3 Replies

GP Gurucharan Patwal Syncfusion Team December 2, 2003 09:04 PM UTC

Hi Charlie, To show the matching clue for "()", "[]", and "{}", set the BraceMatchingEnabled property (not visible in the designer) to be true, e.g., public Form1() { InitializeComponent(); ...... editControl1.BraceMatchingEnabled = true; } Please let me know if this helps. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

CS Charles Skelton December 3, 2003 06:36 AM UTC

Very good - that works fine. I''ve noticed that several editor packages in c# show the brackets in rectangles, where as other editors simply change the matching brackets to bold font - I think I prefer the bold font style as it does not obscure the bracket character and cursor. I have yet to gather feedback from my users on this. Many thanks for your help, Charlie

GP Gurucharan Patwal Syncfusion Team December 3, 2003 07:44 PM UTC

Hi Charlie, Thanks for the update. We are glad that you liked this feature of our product. Please let me know if you need any other information. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon