We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Minimum size of client area

Hello
I am currently investigating the possibility to use Syncfusion WPF tools on our new LOB-project

I have a requirement of creating a data entry form with a lot of small "extra" windows placed around this main window.
The extra windows will contain functionality for chat and tickers.

I would like to use the Docking manager to let the user show/hide/move the extra windows. (different users need different tickers)
BUT, and this is what I am unable to get to work, I need to have a fixed minimum size of the "main" data entry panel.
This of course also implies that the application itself will have a minimum height and width.

I will also need only one, non-closeable, client area, without any tabs.

Is the above possible with WPF and Syncfusion Tools?

I am a current Syncfusion Enterprise Customer, I am posting here to see if I can get suggestions from the community.

Best Regards

Peter

1 Reply

PP Prabhu P Syncfusion Team September 15, 2009 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

By using our Docking manager, we can host several floating window (for different ticket window) with specific placement and specific height and width. Unfortunately, currently we don’t have a feature to set the MinHeight & MinWidth to the floating window. We have added this as a feature request in our FR database and it would be available in our upcoming releases. But we can set the MinHeight & MinWidth to the hosting window (main window) and we can define the Window closing event for specifying whether the window can close or not. We have created a simple sample to demonstrate these functionality. Please find the sample from the link given below.

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Tools.WPF/7.3.0.20/F89995/main.htm

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
Prabu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon