We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

groupBar bug

We found groupBar control has a bug ,when we use it in WINDOWS98 system. If the GroupViewItem is Chinese,then its last two Chinese is cut off, four Chinese change two, five Chinese change three. This can''t be accepted by the customer. Please fix it as soon as possible.

15 Replies

GP Gurucharan Patwal Syncfusion Team December 1, 2003 08:41 PM UTC

Hi, Please provide us more information on the test environment for testing this application. Are you using Chinese IME to input Chinese characters or are you using a Chinese version of Windows? I would appreciate if you could send us a sample application with GroupViewItem.Text property having Chinese text that shows this error. Also let me know the sequence of steps to reproduce this error. We appreciate your feedback and thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

YA yanggaiping December 1, 2003 10:16 PM UTC

I had send a Email to you mailBox.Please receive it. Thank you very much for your reply.

GP Gurucharan Patwal Syncfusion Team December 2, 2003 10:17 AM UTC

Hi Yang, This is to acknowledge that I have received your email (see the body of the email attached below), and thanks for the screenshots. You could zip the sample application and upload it here using the "save" button in the top-right corner, or email me the zipped file. Please let me know if you are having any difficulties. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc. ------------------------------------------------- Hi,gspatwal I will send a sample,but Email is bounced. and your mailBox reject any .exe attachment. if you need it ,please tell me How to send a .exe file. ************下面是转发邮件************ 原邮件发件人名字: yang 原邮件发件人地址:yanggp00@163.com 原邮件收件人名字:gspatwal 原邮件收件人地址:gspatwal@syncfusion.com 原邮件抄送人名字: 原邮件抄送人地址: >gspatwal,您好! > > We use this Control in VC#.net,and groupViewItem.text is >Chinese.and it is right in win2000,winXP,but it is error in >Win98.Please watch the attachments,win98.bmp and win2000.bmp. and >text.exe is a sample, it run at Microsoft.net framework1.1 with your >Syncfusion.Tools.dll. > >Regards > > >        yang >        yanggp00@163.com >          2003-12-02 = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =         致 礼!         yang         yanggp00@163.com           2003-12-02 -------------------------------------------------

GP Gurucharan Patwal Syncfusion Team December 3, 2003 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Yang, This message is to acknowledge the receipt of your email and the sample application. I will investigate this issue on a Windows 98 machine and will get back to you at the earliest. We appreciate your patience, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

GP Gurucharan Patwal Syncfusion Team December 3, 2003 02:25 PM UTC

Hi Yang, I have tested for this issue here, and could see the problem with the GroupBar control while using Chinese text. The display of Chinese text was however slightly different from your screenshots. This is how the application looked in our test lab : ScreenShots I have notified the development team about this problem, and will keep you posted. We appreciate you patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

YA yanggaiping December 7, 2003 11:24 PM UTC

Please fix this error as soon as possible. Our company buy your product on July 3,2003. I hope that you can send the right .dll file to me after you fix the error.

GP Gurucharan Patwal Syncfusion Team December 8, 2003 01:20 PM UTC

Hi Yang, Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused. However, we have categorized this as a high priority issue and will try our best to fix this at the earliest. I will notify you when the fix is ready. Thanks for your patience, and understanding in this matter. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

YA yanggaiping December 22, 2003 10:40 PM UTC

Hi, Do you fix the error? If fixed,please send the right .dll to me. We want to install our application with your GroupBar control for our client.This is urgent! Regards, yang

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 23, 2003 04:59 PM UTC

Hi Yang, I have requested the development team for information on the status of this bug fix. I will update you as soon as I hear from them. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 23, 2003 06:25 PM UTC

Hi Yang, After having consulted the development team on this issue, I would like to inform you that this bug has not fixed yet. We are extremely sorry for the delay, but I would like to assure you that this is a very high priority issue for us and we will be fixing this at the earliest. I will notify you as soon as we accomplish this. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 30, 2003 10:25 AM UTC

Hi Yang, This is to inform you that we have done several related changes in the GroupBar control in this regard. Earlier the GroupBar control used the Platform invoke (pinvoke) service of Win32 API to display characters on it. But we have realised that this approach does not diplay characters of variable width (such as in Chinese) correctly. So we have now modified our code to use the .NET APIs instead. We expect this to take care of your problem. We will test this fix and let you know. We very much appreciate your feedback on this issue, and thanks for your patience. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

YA yanggaiping January 29, 2004 12:35 AM UTC

Hi, Do you fix the bug? We must install the programs with your groupbar control for our customers next week. We need your help. Please send new groupbar control or .dll file to me. If you can''t still fix it ,please inform me the fixed date .We must reply our customer.If you can''t fix it in two weeks,we thinks that we use other control to replace your groupbar control. regards., yang

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 29, 2004 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Yang, Our apologies for the delayed response. However, I would like to inform you that this bug has been taken care of and the bugfix is available in our latest release. Please open a Direct Trac incident in this regard, and I will update you with the download instructions for our latest release. Thanks for your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

YA yanggaiping February 12, 2004 01:41 AM UTC

Hi, I had create a Direct-Trac incident and its subject is groupbar bug.Please update for me Thanks, Regards

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 12, 2004 10:04 AM UTC

Hi Yang, Thanks for opening a DirectTrac incident (#9226) in this regard. I will update you with the download instructions for our latest release, Essential Suite v2.0.2.1 there shortly. We appreciate you cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon