We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to manage place on ribbon ?

Hi,
I am completely unable to manage place for controls that I'm placing inside syncfusion:RibbonBar and syncfusion:ButtonPanel.

Let's say I have a textblock and four buttons inside a syncfusion:ButtonPanel. What to do so that the textblock be on the first line, the first two buttons be on the second line and the other two buttons on the third line inside the ButtonPanel ?

Like this:
|___________|

Same question for syncfusion:RibbonBar.

It seems to me there is no property anywhere to handle this. Sometimes all the buttons are alined. Sometimes they go on two lines. Sometimes they are out ouf the scope of the ButtonPanel/RibbonBar and the user can't acces them.

Thanks

Nazim YENIER

3 Replies

CS C. Sudha Syncfusion Team August 21, 2009 10:20 AM UTC

Hi Nazim,

As per the MicrosoftOffice2007 guideline, RibbonItems should get arranged based on available space in RibbonBar. This is indented behavior of RibbonBar layout. However, you could achieve your requirement by setting margin property for ButtonPanel explicitly.

For Instance,

In XAML:

TextBlock

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,
SudhaC.

TO Tobias O''Leary September 4, 2009 04:21 AM UTC

Hey SudhaC,

I ran into a similar problem, but came up with a different solution.
Would you say the following is appropriate/acceptable?
Or would you recommend me switching to the ButtonPanel approach?
Don't want to have stuff in there that might break with the next release.

-Tobias

CS C. Sudha Syncfusion Team September 8, 2009 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Tobias,

If you use Grid inside the RibbonBar for arranging the RibbonBar items, it will be constant and it will not re-arrange automatically based on the space availability. Hence I would recommend you to use ButtonPanel. As per the MicrosoftOffice2007 guideline, Ribbonbar items are automatically arranged by two or three rows based on the space available on RibbonBar when we host the items inside the ButtonPanel.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
SudhaC.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon