We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

BarItem name

Is there any way to get a BarItem's Name? I have a common menu item click event sink which receives the BarItem as a generic object. I want to be able to identify which BarItem was clicked but when I cast the object back into a BarItem it's Name property doesn't seem to be available.

1 Reply

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team August 21, 2009 05:40 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the details.

You cannot get the name of the BarItem as that is not exposed. But you can get the Tag or Text property of the BarItem. To raise the events, please refer to the below sample.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=F89001_BarItems_5ca3cf09.zip&team=support

Note:
The ParentBarItem click event will be fired only when the ParentStyle of it is DropDown. This sample also explains various options in this.

If this does not address your problem, please update a sample or modify this sample, so that we will be able to update this issue with more details after analysis.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon