We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

BarItem name

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

89001 Aug 16,2009 03:15 PM Aug 21,2009 01:40 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: Tools
Peter Trevor
Asked On August 16, 2009 03:15 PM

Is there any way to get a BarItem's Name? I have a common menu item click event sink which receives the BarItem as a generic object. I want to be able to identify which BarItem was clicked but when I cast the object back into a BarItem it's Name property doesn't seem to be available.

Nandakumar R [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 21, 2009 01:40 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the details.

You cannot get the name of the BarItem as that is not exposed. But you can get the Tag or Text property of the BarItem. To raise the events, please refer to the below sample.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=F89001_BarItems_5ca3cf09.zip&team=support

Note:
The ParentBarItem click event will be fired only when the ParentStyle of it is DropDown. This sample also explains various options in this.

If this does not address your problem, please update a sample or modify this sample, so that we will be able to update this issue with more details after analysis.

Regards,
Nanda

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;