We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

can I use Max or Min for string type for Summary Column of GGC ?

Hi,

For summary column of GGC, it works fine like SUM/MAX for numerical column.

can I use Max or Min for string type for Summary Column of GGC ?
if not, what is the workaround ?

best,

David

4 Replies

KM Kathiresan M Syncfusion Team August 11, 2009 10:15 AM UTC

Hi,

I'm not very much clear with your query. What you do mean by MAX/MIN in string? Did you mean the characters count?

We've couple of samples demonstrating "Summary". Please refer the shipped sample from the below location regarding "Summary".

..\My Documents\syncfusion\essentialstudio\7.3.0.7\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Calculate Summary

Thanks,
Kathir

DC David Cui August 11, 2009 12:37 PM UTC

thx,

Max is the same as TSQL .
Am I clear ?

david

DC David Cui August 11, 2009 04:33 PM UTC

we want to extract group's child of some column's value (assume all of them value are the same) directly to Summary Row's certain column automatically (like you did sum/count for numerical fields) ?
am i clear ?

david

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team August 14, 2009 11:39 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thanks for your update.

If you would like to display the value of column(by which grid has been grouped) in the summary row, it can be achieved by handling the summary row in QueryCellStyleInfo event with the following code.

if (e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.SummaryFieldCell)
{
GridSummaryRow row = e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement as GridSummaryRow;
e.Style.Text = row.ParentGroup.Records[0].GetValue("Department").ToString();
}

Here is a minimal sample for your reference, in which the child groups has summary row with value of 'Department' column.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/7.3.0.20/F88742.zip

Regards,
Rajadurai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon