We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hierarchy in non-data bound grid

Is there an "easy" way to do a hierarchy in the GridControl (non-data bound grid)? I have a rather sizable and complex database, and I don't want to bind to the hierarchy up-front. I'd rather tell the grid to display a "+" and then intercept the user clicking on "+" and dynamically retrieve the hierarchy at that time.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 24, 2003 08:52 PM UTC

I do think this is doable, but I don't know that I would say it will be 'easy' to do. It would probably take a couple of days to get things working. With the new GridGroupingControl, you could load the primary table (to show the nodes that might be expanded) and set a relation up to an empty child table. Then on the click you could populate this empty child tabe with your related data. With the GridControl you could display another grid on the cell click. (This is how the new GridGroupingControl works). But either approach would likely take some effort to code.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon