We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Cannot open a File

When I tied to open de file c:\\Plantilla.xls I receive a Exception ArgumentException that say Index out of bounds.

Please I need resolve this problem

This is my code

ExcelEngine excelEngine = new ExcelEngine();
IWorkbook workbook = excelEngine.Excel.Workbooks.Open("c:\\Plantilla.xls");

I used this dll

syncfusion.compression.base.dll vr 6, 402, 0, 15
syncfusion.core.dll vr 6, 402, 0, 15
syncfusion.xlsio.base.dll vr 6, 402, 0, 15

Plantilla_7b84f71e.xls

7 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team July 30, 2009 07:53 AM UTC

Hi Luis,

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the problem with v7.3.0.20. Could you please consider upgrading to this version? You can get the download details from the forum thread linked below.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/88088/

Please try this and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Geetha

LH Luis Horacio Botero July 30, 2009 04:10 PM UTC

This is not a solution beacuse I dont have this version. I resolve my problem with de vr 6.4 putting this line in the code

IWorkbook workbook = excelEngine.Excel.Workbooks.Open(sRutaPlantilla, ExcelParseOptions.DoNotParseCharts);

BC Bill Campbell July 30, 2009 05:31 PM UTC

Unfortunately I am having the same problem, however, adding "ExcelParseOptions.DoNotParseCharts" did not solve my problem:

I am trying to open an excel document using the following code and the last line is throwing an ArgumentOutOfRangeException:

string templatePath = @"c:\Templates\WBN property summary.xltx";
IApplication application = excelEngine.Excel;

IWorkbook workbook = application.Workbooks.Open(templatePath, ExcelOpenType.Automatic);

I have also tried the following with is throwing an ArgumentNullException:

string templatePath = @"c:\Templates\WBN property summary.xltx";
IApplication application = excelEngine.Excel;

IWorkbook workbook = application.Workbooks.Open(templatePath);

VN Vijesh Narayanan Syncfusion Team July 31, 2009 11:33 AM UTC

Hi Luis,

Thank you for using Essential XlsIO.

I was unable to reproduce the issue on my side, So for analyzing this issue more closely, I would really appreciate if I could get a sample Excel template from you, generating the issue.

Still, I will strongly recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of Essential XlsIO, as lot of issues that existed in previous versions of Essential XlsIO has now been fixed.

You can get the download details from the forum thread linked below.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/88088/

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Vijesh

DC David Culliton September 3, 2009 05:19 PM UTC

This issue does still exist in the current version of xlsio. I believe it is a function of how the spreadsheet was created. Not knowing how your spreadsheet was created, I can recreate this issue all day if I create an excel file from Monarch using its v3 engine. If I change to its v8 or 9 engine, the issue goes away.

A solution to handle all generated files would be nice. If you want the 2 spreadsheets - let me know where to send them.

DC David Culliton September 3, 2009 05:30 PM UTC

My other comment is that if I open and resave the version 3 spreadsheet, it opens in xlsio without an issue.

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team September 4, 2009 07:35 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for the details.

Could you please mail us the spreadsheets to support@syncfusion.com with forum id as subject so that we can check and get back to you?

Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon