We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Filtering in Syncfusion MVC Grid

Hi,
Does Syncfusion MVC grid support filtering feature. The filtering feature allows input at the grid header column and allows selection of a filter expression which causes the data in the grid to be filtered.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies

BK Balaji K Syncfusion Team July 29, 2009 06:53 PM UTC

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We regret to let you know that currently we don't support filtering and this is feature is already in progress can be expected for the next volume 4.

We appreciate your patience.As a workaround I would suggest you to have a action method to filter the data with the query string and update the data source of the Grid.

Regards,
Balaji.

ES Eric Swann July 29, 2009 08:15 PM UTC

Hello, I have a similar question. I'm ok with building my own form elements for filtering, but was wondering if it is possible to rebind the grid using an AJAX request/response, such as what the grid does when you use the built-in sorting and paging.

I know how to submit an ajax request to the server....but how can I then take those results and cause the grid to perform an update. I'm looking for a solution similar to the sorting/paging mechanism. Is it possible to use that existing mechanism and allow me to add in some filtering as well?

Thanks!
Eric

ES Eric Swann July 29, 2009 08:16 PM UTC

Hello, I have a similar question. I'm ok with building my own form elements for filtering, but was wondering if it is possible to rebind the grid using an AJAX request/response, such as what the grid does when you use the built-in sorting and paging.

I know how to submit an ajax request to the server....but how can I then take those results and cause the grid to perform an update. I'm looking for a solution similar to the sorting/paging mechanism. Is it possible to use that existing mechanism and allow me to add in some filtering as well?

Thanks!
Eric

ES Eric Swann July 29, 2009 08:16 PM UTC

Thanks!
Eric

ES Eric Swann July 30, 2009 03:16 AM UTC

Hello, I figured out how to do this based on Mac Lee's post. The basic approach is to use the grid._sendHtmlActionRequest from the client. This sets up the appropriate AJAX call.

BK Balaji K Syncfusion Team July 30, 2009 09:03 AM UTC

Hi Eric,

Please find the code snippet in the following post that might help you

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/grid-mvc/88506/additional-refresh-function-

Regards,
Balaji

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon