We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Regarding Importing excel file (with All formulas & macros) in to grid component

Hi,
This is Bala.In the past I have worked with syncfusion databound grid for my Windows applications.
Now I am in the process of finding out the grid component which supports importing Excel files with all the formulas and macros and I should be able to do all the Excel features in the grid.Is that possible.Do you have any grid component or Do you know any component.
If so Please let me know.
Please find attached Excel sheet which needs to me imported in to the grid.If you have any control then please test it.
Looking forward your reply

Thanks,
Bala

Core-Growth MODEL (TRZ) Combined 03.30.09_68792446.xls

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 24, 2009 04:22 PM UTC

Hi,

I don't think Syncfusion does have grid component for your requirement

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team July 30, 2009 09:50 AM UTC

Hi,

By using GridExcelConverterControl class it is possible to conversion of contents in a grid control to a XLS file as well as XLS file contents to a grid control. It also import formulas from xls file to GridControl. But it does not support importing of macros. You could see the following sample from our sample browser:

..\My documents\syncfusion\essentialstudio\7.3.0.20\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\Export\GC XLS Export Demo

Here the code snippets to import from xls file into GridControl:

Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterControl gecc = new Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterControl();
OpenFileDialog openFileDialog = new OpenFileDialog();
openFileDialog.Filter = "Files(*.xls)|*.xls";
openFileDialog.DefaultExt = ".xls";
if(openFileDialog.ShowDialog() == DialogResult.OK )
gecc.ExcelToGrid( openFileDialog.FileName, this.gridControl1.Model);
this.gridControl1.Refresh();

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon