We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Capturing Keystrokes in GroupBar and GroupView

I am trying to use an Outlook style GroupBar/GroupView, much like in your Developer Center program. Unfortunately my client has "mouse phobia" and wants to be able to use keyboard characters instead of mouse clicks. I have been able to "page" back and forth among the different GroupViews within the GroupBar using the PageUp and PageDown keys via the KeyDown event. However, I have not been able to go back and forth among the various GroupViewItems within a particular GroupView - I am hoping to be able to use the UpArrow and DownArrow keys, again via the KeyDown event. Is this possible? If so, how can I do this?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2003 11:45 AM UTC

Hi Odis, I assume here that you are referring to the \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Tools\Samples\GroupBar Package\GroupBarDemo sample here. On the left hand side, you will see a list GroupViews - WindowsForms, Components, and General, each containing multiple GroupViewItems. You can traverse each GroupViewItem in GroupView (having focus) using the direction keys. Please let me know if I have not understood your requirements correctly. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SG Sean Greer November 21, 2003 12:02 PM UTC

Isn't it only the case that you can navigate the GroupViewItems with the directional keys if ButtonView is set to false? When ButtonView is set to false, I'd like the keys to show each item in "pre-select" (as they appear when you mouse over) and then when enter is pressed, the item should be selected (as if you had clicked with the mouse). Thanks, Sean

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 25, 2003 08:26 PM UTC

Hi Sean, When the GroupView control's ButtonView property is set to true, the depressed button will be displayed always for the currently selected button. You could use the direction keys to traverse the GroupViewItems only when the ButtonView property is set to true. Please refer to the sample attached which illustrates the same. We appreciate your suggestion regarding the appearance of the GroupViewItem when the ButtonView property value is set to false. We could consider this as a feature request for a future release of Essential Suite. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon