We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

I know how it is...

We're doing a massive release this week too... and it's been very stressful. A week behind and holidays coming up. So I feel your pain. :) -- David

6 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team November 20, 2003 12:58 AM UTC

Hi David :) Thanks a lot and Good Luck. Regards, Arun

DW David Whatley November 20, 2003 03:39 PM UTC

I don't get it... everyone who uses Syncfusion is a DEVELOPER. So 100% of us know what it's like trying to get something out the door. It is very unpredictable and easy to under estimate. Give these guys a break and let them do it right. Please set your pestering knob to off. ;) -- David

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 20, 2003 05:06 PM UTC

While I can appreciate that durations for software development can be hard to estimate, a 6 months slip or a non-delivery (e.g. essential obfuscate) is not within the bounds of "sorry we just need to fix a bug". More to the point, as a *professional* software developer if I'm not in a position where I can realistically deliver a product I will absolutely not tell my customers that I can and then continue to repeatedly slip dates (just not good business sense and it make me look unreliable). Moral of this story, don't make promises you can't keep as they tend to bite you in the ass, particuarlly when other people have to plan around you. > I don't get it... everyone who uses Syncfusion is a DEVELOPER. So 100% of us know what it's like trying to get something out the door. It is very unpredictable and easy to under estimate. Give these guys a break and let them do it right. > > Please set your pestering knob to off. ;) > > -- David

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2003 04:28 AM UTC

Hi, We appreciate your input. The delays with Chart and Obfuscate were unexpected due to several internal reasons. We have been working hard on these and other products for months and while the delays have been hard on everyone we believe that the products that will really be available for beta in 1-2 days. For all suite customers who were promised Chart months back, we are offering upgrades to the new version. The new version will include Essential Chart, Essential Diagram, Essential ExcelRW and Essential Grouping (all will be available for beta at the same time). best regards, Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2003 05:52 PM UTC

So Daniel - Are we now realistically looking at Q1 2004 for the "release" version 2.0? Thanks. > Hi, > > We appreciate your input. The delays with Chart and Obfuscate were unexpected due to several internal reasons. We have been working hard on these and other products for months and while the delays have been hard on everyone we believe that the products that will really be available for beta in 1-2 days. > > For all suite customers who were promised Chart months back, we are offering upgrades to the new version. The new version will include Essential Chart, Essential Diagram, Essential ExcelRW and Essential Grouping (all will be available for beta at the same time). > > best regards, > Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2003 07:49 PM UTC

Hi, I am not really sure. We have open beta dates. We normally only set dates for the beta. However, the normal beta cycle is about 4 weeks. Best regards, Daniel

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon