We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

GridDataBoundGrid optimisations question

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

8777 Nov 19,2003 06:28 PM UTC Nov 20,2003 02:28 AM UTC WinForms 1
Tags: GridControl
damien morton
Asked On November 19, 2003 06:28 PM UTC

Hi, Im trying to optimize my GDBG to speed up the process of adding rows. I want to add a row to a possibly sorted GDBG and to avoid the cost of re-rendering the full screen. I notice that when using Grid.SetColHidden(), an optimisation comes into play such that only cells not visible before the operation are rendered, with the rest being handled by a much faster blitting operation. When using DataTable.Rows.Remove/Insert, I find that the entire grid is re-rendered, or at least a large potion of it. Certainly the performance is nowhere near the hide/show columns operation. Is there a path to inserting and removing datasource rows that enables the blit optimization?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 20, 2003 02:28 AM UTC

Not much you can do easily. But we'll add an option to the grid not to refresh all when the row count changes. Stefan

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;