We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Main Menu

I have a main menu with one menu item named Customer. How do I add a "check" beside the Customer menu item once the user clicks the Customer item and the Customer form opens. Once the user closes the Customer form, i want the check beside the menu item to disappear. I tried adding this code in the Customer_Load: dim frmMain as new frmMain() frmMain.MainMenu.MenuItems(0).checked = true but it doesn't work.

2 Replies

CB Clay Burch Syncfusion Team August 28, 2002 08:24 AM UTC

Here you are creating a *new* frmMain. You want to get the one that already exists. Assuming that the parent class of this customer form is derived from Form, you might try this code. dim f as Form = Me.Parent f.MainMenu.MenuItems(0).checked = true

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 28, 2002 09:14 PM UTC

thanks. i will try that. i'm really confused with the *new* instantiation of objects!! because if i don't use the *new* keyword to declare my object, i get an error. How do i pass a reference of form1 to form2 without creating a *new* form1 in form2?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon