We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ComboListBox SetSelected fails in MDI applications

I have a form, with a single control - ComboListBox. I bind that control to a datasource using datasource, displaymember, and valuemember. I display that form. In either the load event or instance of the form, I can have code to SetSelected to true for any two items. If that form is part of an application where the mainform is an MDI form, that SetSelected does not work. If that form is part of an app where the main is NOT an mdi form, it works fine. Exact code both projects. Weeeeeeird. Tim

9 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team November 18, 2003 06:13 PM UTC

Hi Tim, Which version of Essential Tools are you currently using? Also, we do not have a ComboListBox control so are you using the ComboBoxExt control along with the Windows Forms ListBox? Can you update us with details so that we can try to set up a sample and take a look at this issue? Regards Arun

TJ Tim Jackson November 19, 2003 09:07 AM UTC

Do too, do too. :) Syncfusion.Tools ComboListBox ClassSpecifies the list box used in a ComboBoxAdv. For a list of all members of this type, see ComboListBox members. Inheritance Hierarchy System.Object System.MarshalByRefObject System.ComponentModel.Component System.Windows.Forms.Control System.Windows.Forms.ListControl System.Windows.Forms.ListBox Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ComboListBox Syntax [Visual Basic]Public Class ComboListBox Inherits ListBox [C#]public class ComboListBox : ListBox [JScript]public class ComboListBox extends ListBox See Also ComboListBox Members | Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools Namespace Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ComboListBox We are using the most current release of Syncfusion 1.6 I believe. Tim > Hi Tim, > > Which version of Essential Tools are you currently using? Also, we do not have a ComboListBox control so are you using the ComboBoxExt control along with the Windows Forms ListBox? Can you update us with details so that we can try to set up a sample and take a look at this issue? > > Regards > Arun >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 19, 2003 11:29 AM UTC

We are using 1.6.1.5

TJ Tim Jackson November 19, 2003 02:41 PM UTC

So are we. > We are using 1.6.1.5

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 19, 2003 11:07 PM UTC

Hi, Please refer to the sample attached. Could you modify it to illustrate the above mentioned problem ? Also, please create an incident in this regard in DirectTrac and we will send you the download instructions for the latest release of Essential Suite. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

TJ Tim Jackson November 20, 2003 10:38 AM UTC

Your project references a CombBoxBase which i do not have. What is the namespace for this object? Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ComboBoxBase does not exist in my environment. Tj > Hi, > > Please refer to the sample attached. Could you modify it to illustrate the above mentioned problem ? Also, please create an incident in this regard in DirectTrac and we will send you the download instructions for the latest release of Essential Suite. Thanks for your cooperation. > > Regards, > Guru Patwal > Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 20, 2003 04:21 PM UTC

Hi Tim, Please replace all instances of ComboBoxBase with ComboBoxExt and that should take care of this error. ComboBoxExt control was renamed as ComboBoxBase according to the Essential Suite 2.0 naming conventions. Please let me know if you need any othe information. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

PL Paul Laudeman November 21, 2003 05:43 PM UTC

Hi Guru, I've modified your sample project to demonstrate the problem we're experiencing. Please refer to our support incident for more information. Thanks! -Paul > Hi Tim, > > Please replace all instances of ComboBoxBase with ComboBoxExt and that should take care of this error. ComboBoxExt control was renamed as ComboBoxBase according to the Essential Suite 2.0 naming conventions. Please let me know if you need any othe information. > > Regards, > Guru Patwal > Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2003 06:21 PM UTC

Hi Paul, Thanks for the modified sample. I will update your incident on DirectTrac. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon