We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DataGrid in VB.Net

Hai, My problem is I am using DataGrid in VB.Net with dataset object. Here I can get the records from the Database. But to see the records I have to click the '+' to expand Grid. Is there any solution where I can see the records directly with expanding Grid? And another problem, even though if i make datagrid as read only the cursor will be on first column. If I want visible any controls on the grid, I could not do. Is there any method to hide the cursor from the grid? It is very much helpfull to me if you can solve these problems. I hope that I receive postive replay from you. Thanking you, Sree Harshavardhana.

2 Replies

JP John Persson November 22, 2003 09:46 AM UTC

> Hai, > > My problem is I am using DataGrid in VB.Net with dataset object. Here I can get the records from the Database. But to see the records I have to click the '+' to expand Grid. Is there any solution where I can see the records directly with expanding Grid? > > And another problem, even though if i make datagrid as read only the cursor will be on first column. If I want visible any controls on the grid, I could not do. Is there any method to hide the cursor from the grid? > > It is very much helpfull to me if you can solve these problems. I hope that I receive postive replay from you. > > Thanking you, > > Sree Harshavardhana. Try this: SQLAdapter.TableMappings.Add("Table", TableName) SQLAdapter.Fill(myDataSet) DataGrid1.DataSource = myDataSet.Table(TableName)

LA Lavanya.A December 4, 2003 11:04 PM UTC

Hi, Another possible way is to take the dataset to a datatable. And bind it directly, instead of using dataset.tables(0). Lavanya.A > Hai, > > My problem is I am using DataGrid in VB.Net with dataset object. Here I can get the records from the Database. But to see the records I have to click the '+' to expand Grid. Is there any solution where I can see the records directly with expanding Grid? > > And another problem, even though if i make datagrid as read only the cursor will be on first column. If I want visible any controls on the grid, I could not do. Is there any method to hide the cursor from the grid? > > It is very much helpfull to me if you can solve these problems. I hope that I receive postive replay from you. > > Thanking you, > > Sree Harshavardhana.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon