We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How can we persist BarState, DockState etc. in a DB

Hi, we want to persis States via the Save mthods (SaveBarState,...) in a DB cause the user should have his state on every computer he is working. What is the easiest method to save the state in a DB? We want to do something like this: AppStateSerializer serializer = new AppStateSerializer( SerializeMode.IsolatedStorage, ??? ); // Save the statessyncfusion this.frameBarManager1.SaveBarState( serializer ); this.dockingManager1.SaveDockState( serializer ); this.tbManager.SaveTabGroupStates( serializer ); But where can i set the DB and the table to save the states? We found no example (only for xml). Thank you for helping out :-) Ralf

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 13, 2003 10:08 PM UTC

Hi Ralf, I have consulted the Essential Suite Development Team in this regard, and will update you as soon as I hear from them. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 14, 2003 11:13 AM UTC

Hi Ralf, Presently it is not possible to directly specify the database location in the AppStateSerializer path. You will have to first persist this information into a file or a memory stream and then save this information into the database. You could have a table with a single field in the database to store this information. Please make sure to use the appropriate DataType for the field in the table in the DB based on the medium of persistence. For example, if you use the SerializeMode.XMLFile enumeration value in the AppStateSerializer, you could persist this information in a Text field in a table in the DB. Information will be saved/retrieved to/from the DB in Text mode in this case. Please let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon