We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom cell types in GridControl

I have recreated a custom cell type on a GridControl and would like to style it in QueryCellInfo (using e.Style if possible). How would you suggest is a good way of doing that?

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 12, 2003 05:37 PM UTC

So you have derived CellModel and CellRenderer classes to define your custom cell type. If so, then if you use grid.CellModels.Add to add a name and instance for your custom celltype to the grid's CellModels collection, you should be able to use your celltype anywhere just like any other celltype. So in QueryCellInfo, you would set e.Style.CellType = "myName" where myName is the string you registered in grid.CellModels.Add.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 12, 2003 05:37 PM UTC

So you have derived CellModel and CellRenderer classes to define your custom cell type. If so, then if you use grid.CellModels.Add to add a name and instance for your custom celltype to the grid's CellModels collection, you should be able to use your celltype anywhere just like any other celltype. So in QueryCellInfo, you would set e.Style.CellType = "myName" where myName is the string you registered in grid.CellModels.Add.

TM Trevor Moody November 13, 2003 06:18 AM UTC

Yes, I have done that. However, for example for a progress bar, you will put e.Style.ProgressBar.(ProgressBarProperty) = progressbarproperty to set a property of the progressbar cell. How can I set a property of the custom cell in the same way if e.Style.CellType == "CustomCell"?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 13, 2003 10:30 PM UTC

Take a look at the Essential Suite\Grid\Samples\CellTypes\SliderCells sample. It shows how to derive custom style properties. Look at the SliderStyleProperties class in the SliderCell.cs file.

TM Trevor Moody November 14, 2003 11:55 AM UTC

Thanks.

Loader.
Up arrow icon