We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SaveBinary on GridControl

I am trying to save the settings on my GridControl using SaveBinary but encounter this error: The type Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfoColorArrayList in Assembly Syncfusion.Shared, Version=2.0.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 is not marked as serializable. Previously I used version 1.6? where it was working. Now am using version 2.0.04 but I've also made some changes since then. Any suggestions would be helpful.

9 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 11, 2003 04:52 PM UTC

This is a bug that we have corrected here. A new build of the 2.0 code base should be available in about a week.

TM Trevor Moody November 25, 2003 01:22 PM UTC

I've tried running under Syncfusion 2.0.0.5 but still get the same error. Can you help? Thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 25, 2003 08:14 PM UTC

I am sorry, but I think you will have to wait until our next release. It is coming...

PM PM November 26, 2003 03:44 AM UTC

Version 2.0.0.6 has this bug fixed. >I am sorry, but I think you will have to wait until our next release. It is coming... >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 14, 2004 07:41 AM UTC

When is the new version coming out?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 14, 2004 09:41 AM UTC

The 2.0.2.0 beta version was released earlier this week. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/updates.aspx#NewBeta

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 19, 2004 04:06 PM UTC

The SaveBinary works now. However, when I use LoadBinary on the gridControl, the CommandStack.Undo() command which is used to undo any style settings doesn''t work. Can you advise? Thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 19, 2004 08:47 PM UTC

Do you want future changes (after a LoadBinary) to be undoable? If so, you can do something like private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { //load from file this.gridControl1.Model = GridModel.LoadBinary(@"c:\mygrid.grd"); this.gridControl1.CommandStack.Enabled = true; } If you want to undo changes loaded from within LoadBinary, this is not supported by the default grid and property settings. If you will explain more about what you need, there may be some solution we could suggest.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 20, 2004 06:00 AM UTC

It was to undo future changes. I had the CommandStack.Enabled command before the LoadBinary and that didn''t work but putting it after did. Thanks.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon