We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

context choice popup selection

I am looking for a way to make the context choice popup work the way intellisense works in most applications. By default for each character you type it finds the first item in the list with that character. The problem is if you have a long list how do you get it to drill into the list by typing multiple characters. For example type AB and get ABS as the list not some item starting with B from the list.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 10, 2003 09:06 PM UTC

Hi Craig, Please refer to the sample attached here and follow the instructions below : 1. Run the sample and open a new document 2. Type object1. and you will see a context choice menu popup 3. Type 'a'and 'b', and still the first choice starting with 'ab' is highlighted and not the third choice which starts with 'b' (even after you type the second letter 'b'). Please let me know if this sample meets your requirements. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

CM Craig Morris November 11, 2003 09:12 AM UTC

Guru, I am running version 1.6.1.0 and the behavior you describe is ot exactly what I see. When I type object1 1. I type a and it jumps to the second item in the list. Why the first item starts with an a? 2. when I type A then b it jumps to the third item in the list. Why that doesn't start with a? 3.when I type a then b then s it correctly returns to the second item in the list. All of this strange behavior my user is seeing in the application I used your tool in. I have provided them with a code page and intellisense for VB but picking from the context menu is very difficult. Please help. Thanks, Craig > Hi Craig, > > Please refer to the sample attached here and follow the instructions below : > 1. Run the sample and open a new document > 2. Type object1. and you will see a context choice menu popup > 3. Type 'a'and 'b', and still the first choice starting with 'ab' is highlighted and not the third choice which starts with 'b' (even after you type the second letter 'b'). > > Please let me know if this sample meets your requirements. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. > > Regards, > Guru Patwal > Syncfusion, Inc.

CM Craig Morris November 11, 2003 10:07 AM UTC

Guru, I ran the 1.6.1.8 update and now the application works correctly. Thanks, Craig > Guru, > I am running version 1.6.1.0 and the behavior you describe is ot exactly what I see. > When I type object1 > > 1. I type a and it jumps to the second item in the list. Why the first item starts with an a? > 2. when I type A then b it jumps to the third item in the list. Why that doesn't start with a? > 3.when I type a then b then s it correctly returns to the second item in the list. > > All of this strange behavior my user is seeing in the application I used your tool in. I have provided them with a code page and intellisense for VB but picking from the context menu is very difficult. Please help. > Thanks, > Craig > > > > Hi Craig, > > > > Please refer to the sample attached here and follow the instructions below : > > 1. Run the sample and open a new document > > 2. Type object1. and you will see a context choice menu popup > > 3. Type 'a'and 'b', and still the first choice starting with 'ab' is highlighted and not the third choice which starts with 'b' (even after you type the second letter 'b'). > > > > Please let me know if this sample meets your requirements. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. > > > > Regards, > > Guru Patwal > > Syncfusion, Inc. >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon