We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Column Series Border

How can I disable the border for a series in a column chart type?

I have tried setting the width to zero, but the border still appears. And there isn't a "None" option for the DashStyle property.

Thanks,

Dave Taylor

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 1, 2009 06:07 PM UTC

I have fixed this problem by setting the border color to the same as the interior color. Since I'm using solid colors this method works (gradients would cause a problem however).

Another issue though...I'm using the PrepareStyle event handler to change the color of the columns based on external rules that change based on user input. This works for the initial drawing of the chart, but I cannot get the chart to redraw the series updating the style if the input changes. I have tried ChartControl.Redraw(true), ChartControl.Refresh, ChartControl.Invalidate + ChartControl.Update; nothing seems to generate the PrepareStyle event except immediately after the series is added to the control.
Thanks for any help on this.

Dave Taylor

MS Manimala S Syncfusion Team July 2, 2009 11:16 AM UTC

Hi Dave,

Thanks for using Essential chart.

We have PreChartAreaPaint event of the chart control which will be fired before the chart area paint is called. You can set the color for the series columns within this event.

Please let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Manimala.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon