We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

SyncfusionLicenseException: No valid key found to create licensecontext.slf

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

84384 Jun 30,2009 01:52 PM UTC May 17,2010 02:47 PM UTC WinForms 9
Tags: FAQ
Steve Hadjieff
Asked On June 30, 2009 01:52 PM UTC

Hi,

I am using Syncfusion Essential Studio v. 7.203.0.37 for .Net 2.0. I have Syncfusion installed on my development box which is a 64-bit Vista Enterprise machine. I have built my windows forms solution and marked all the Syncfusion assemblies as "Copy Local". So the bin\Release directory has all the binaries needed to run the app. When I install the application on a machine that does not have Syncfusion installed, I get the following exception when I try to open the form that has a Syncfusion grid on it:

Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.SyncfusionLicenseException: No valid key found to create licensecontext.slf. License context generation failed. Please include a valid key and try rebuilding the application.
at Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider.TryAddingSLF(String workingDir)
at Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions)

I read a couple of posts before and it seems that this file is needed for versions earlier than 3.3. However, it seems that I need it for version 7 as well. When I drop that file in the bin directory next to the assemblies, the screen works. However, I would like to avoid distributing that file.

Regards,

Steve

Steve Hadjieff
Replied On July 23, 2009 01:52 PM UTC

Hi,

I put in a DirectTrac incident and they provided me with patches to the Syncfusion.Core dll for versions 7.2.

Here are the instructions:

Please follow the steps below to correct this issue.

Please download the following assemblies.

Syncfusion.Core-Patch-7.2-1083820527.zip

These assemblies should replace the file “Syncfusion.Core.dll” under the following folders.

• Version 2.0 file- Replace file under $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.2.0.37\precompiledassemblies\7.2.0.37\2.0
• Version 3.5 file – Replace file under $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.2.0.37\precompiledassemblies\7.2.0.37\3.5

After these assemblies have been replaced, please run the Syncfusion Assembly Manager application (available from the Syncfusion Dashboard which is installed as a shortcut in the application menu) to re-install assemblies. Re-build your application. The error should then be corrected.

Regards,

Steve

Syncfusion.Core-Patch-7.2-1083820527_541f3aea.zip

Steven Britton
Replied On August 4, 2009 11:53 AM UTC

Will this work for the 7.3.0.20 release also or do I need updated version of those files?

Daniel Jebaraj [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 6, 2009 02:08 AM UTC

Hi Steven,

You will need an updated version for 7.3.0.20.

Please download the following assemblies.

Version 2.0 assembly

Version 3.5 assembly

These assemblies should replace the file “Syncfusion.Core.dll” under the
following folders.

Version 2.0 file- Replace file under $system drive:\Program
Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.3.0.20\precompiledassemblies\7.3.0.20\2.0

Version 3.5 file – Replace file under $system drive:\Program
Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.3.0.20\precompiledassemblies\7.3.0.20\3.5

After these assemblies have been replaced, please run the Syncfusion Assembly
Manager application (available from the Syncfusion Dashboard which is installed
as a shortcut in the application menu) to re-install assemblies. Re-build your
application. The error should then be corrected.

Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Best regards

Daniel Jebaraj
Syncfusion, Inc

Chandrashekhar Rai
Replied On November 17, 2009 07:24 AM UTC

I have same error for olap grid

No valid key found to create licensecontext.slf. License context generation failed. Please include a valid key and try rebuilding the application.Please help

Chandrashekhar Rai
Replied On November 17, 2009 07:29 AM UTC

if I run assembly manager from dashboard it has option to install and remove the assebly for specified version.It's not working.
I am getting the problem in olap grid.

Julie Levy
Replied On December 16, 2009 09:51 PM UTC

I was just wondering if this patch is necessary in version 7.4.0.20 or if the fix is included.
Thanks,
Julie

Vijayanand S [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 1, 2010 04:15 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

This issue is fixed and it is available from v7.4.0.20 and all in our future versions. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Vijay

Mehdi Emrani
Replied On May 15, 2010 01:04 PM UTC

Why the Links of patch to correct the issue for version 7.3.0.20 dont work??!

Velusamy Subramaniam [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 17, 2010 02:47 PM UTC

Hi Mehdi

Thanks for using our Syncfusion products.

Sorry for the broken link. We have fixed the reported issue.

Could you please try now ?.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Velusamy

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;