We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid

I have a couple of questions concerning the Syncfusion GridControl 1. When setting ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.One and handling the CurrentCellMoving and CurrentCellActivating events to obtain full row selection, clicking a row will mark the whole row as selected. How can you make such a row selection programmtically ? I've tried using MoveTo on CurrentCell, but the function returns false, and doesn't move anything I want the grid to scroll the desired row into focus and select it. 2. I've seen that version 2.0 contains some sort capabilities, and implements marking of sorted columns and sort direction in the column headers, by placing and arrow here (like outlook) Is there anyway to make version 1.60 show such arrows or other icons in the headers to the left of the header text ? 3. When is version 2.0 ready ? Regards Per Millard Senior Sofware Architect PBJ Consult A/S Denmark

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 3, 2003 07:43 AM UTC

> I have a couple of questions concerning the Syncfusion GridControl > > 1. When setting ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.One and handling the CurrentCellMoving and CurrentCellActivating events to obtain full row selection, clicking a row will mark the whole row as selected. How can you make such a row selection programmtically ? > I've tried using MoveTo on CurrentCell, but the function returns false, and doesn't move anything > I want the grid to scroll the desired row into focus and select it. > > 2. I've seen that version 2.0 contains some sort capabilities, and implements marking of sorted columns and sort direction in the column headers, by placing and arrow here (like outlook) > Is there anyway to make version 1.60 show such arrows or other icons in the headers to the left of the header text ? > > 3. When is version 2.0 ready ? > > > Regards > > Per Millard > Senior Sofware Architect > PBJ Consult A/S > Denmark 1) So you are trying to call CurrentCell.MoveTo from within CurrentCellActivating. If so, this throws an exceptions as generally the grid is alreading in one CurrentCell.MoveTo action when CUrrentCellActivating is hit. So, you might try just setting c.ColIndex and e.RowIndex from with CurretnCellActivating fo force a different cell to activate. This will avoid the CurretnCell.MoveTo call from within that event. You can also set e.Options to include ScrollInView to force the grid to scroll. 2) The sample Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Grid\Samples\Quick Start\GridControlSort shows how to get sorting in a GridControl. It does display the sort icon to the right though. To put it on the left, you could derive a cell control that does this. Attached is a sample. Or, you could handle the DrawCell event and do the work there if you wanted. 3) I do not know a firm date for the 2.0 release, but think it will be out later this month.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon