We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

XP TaskPane

We're using the task pane in a series of forms, in an effort to create an Office look and feel. Of all the tools in the package, this one is giving us the most trouble. It seems to be very touchy in the designer. Any changes made after the initial design cause the property page to crash, erasing valuable code in the InitalizeComponent method. We can code most of this manually, but it gets tedious if you have a complex series of wizard pages. Is there a patch for this control, or if this isn't the first time you've heard this, is there a work-around? Thanks in advance

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 31, 2003 07:07 PM UTC

Hi Ron, I have tested for this issue in our latest release, Essential Suite version 1.6.1.8 (in Windows XP, VS.NET 2002 environment), and the XPTaskPane control worked fine. All the changes done in the application after the initial design were incorporated and I did not observe any designer crash. We have not come across such a problem with XPTaskPane before, however, I have informed the Essential Tools Development Team for their inputs on this issue, and will keep you updated regarding this. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon