We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid/Excel export error

This post might be better placed in the XlsIO forum, but anyways...Any idea why some (but not all) users of our application might be getting this error?

Message: There was an error creating the excel spreadsheet C:\TEMP\gvtemp1.xls. Maximum number of extended formats exceeded.

CallStack:
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.ExtendedFormatsCollection.Add(ExtendedFormatImpl format)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.RegisterExtFormat(ExtendedFormatImpl format)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.CellStyle.EndUpdate()
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.ExtendedFormatWrapper.set_BottomBorderLineStyle(ExcelLineStyle value)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.BorderImpl.set_LineStyle(ExcelLineStyle value)
at Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterBase.CopyBorder(GridBorder cellBorder, IBorder rangeBorder)
at Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterBase.CopyBorders(GridStyleInfo gridCell, IRange range)
at Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterBase.CopyStyle(GridStyleInfo gridStyle, IRange destRange)
at Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterBase.CopyStyles(GridModel grid, Int32 iRow, Int32 iColumn, GridStyleInfo gridCell, IRange range)
at Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterControl.GridCellToExcel(GridModel grid, Int32 iRow, Int32 iColumn, IRange range)
at Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterControl.GridToExcel(GridModel grid, IWorksheet sheet, ConverterOptions options)

4 Replies

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team June 24, 2009 12:32 PM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion product.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue in ExcelConverter, when the GridControl has been exported to Excel. Also I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/Forums/GridExport.zip

This sample shows how to Export the GridControl to Excel using GridExcelConverter.

Please let me know if still face the issue, it could be helpful reproduce the steps in the above sample.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 24, 2009 03:53 PM UTC

I understand how to export from a grid to excel. It has been working great, but for some reason 1 of our users gets that error.
I definitely don't expect anyone to be able to repro the error, but can you tell me what the error means?
What does "Maximum number of extended formats exceeded." mean?

thanks,
Mark

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team June 25, 2009 08:56 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the update.

I am able to see the issue in GridControl ExcelExport in version 6.4.0.15. When the GridControl has been exported with large number of rows and more column header. This issue has been fixed in our latest version. Please upgrade to our latest version 7.2.037.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 26, 2009 06:05 PM UTC

That's great! Thanks for the feedback.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon